Turbo lag or other hesitation?

scottyb

Spongebob Squarecar
I replaced the ailing stocker with a TA49 about 2 months ago. Since then I've noticed what *seems* to be a hesitation, but I'm not sure. Here's the deal:

The hesitation is not the tip-in stumble of old school chips. I was very accustomed to that before TT. I got a turbo tweak chip with 009's over a year ago and it's been as smooth as glass ever since. The hesitation is not a "fall-flat" hesitation. It rolls of the line very smooth, but it seems to just "hold" at ~3lbs, then ramps up like a banshee. It ramps up so fast that I'm having difficulty with boost spike again.

Logic would have it that it's turbo lag, because that's the only changed variable. But, I expected turbo lag to be a more linear "slow spool", or rather, slower to spool than the stocker, all else being equal. Once it gets past it's hesitation, it spools FASTER than the stocker did. This is my first venture beyond the stocker, so my perception of how it should perform might be off. Aside from this issue, the performance is outstanding and I can't keep my foot out of it. :biggrin:

I do know that I have a small leak on the passenger header. I've repaired leaks on the driver's side in the past before, but I never felt that the leaks hindered spool up - ie the butt dyno didn't notice a spool improvement after repair.

Oh yeah, I don't know if this matters, but BLMs are in the 110's.
Think it's just lag, increased by the leak? If not, thoughts on where I might improve things please.