Turbo inlet hose keeps comes off

blipmode188

I have basically a stock 86 gn, stock turbo, intercooler etc.
Twice the inlet hose (maf inlet pipe) to the turbo came off causing all kind of running issues until I figured out the hose came off the turbo.
I tightened after the first time really tight.
took it out for a small drive, barely ran it hard and it came off again.
Any ideas why it keeps coming off ?
The turbo will hit around 14 to 15 lbs with no problem but i am beginning to wonder if the inlet is being BLOWN off for some reason ?
Thanks for any input Steve

Stock hoses were notorious for doing that. Have you replaced them with thicker aftermarket yet.

No idea why your inlet hose is blowing off. The most pressure it ever sees is when the engines off.

Are you still running the crappy stock flexable hose or an aftermarket solid MAF pipe?

I have basically a stock 86 gn, stock turbo, intercooler etc.
Twice the inlet hose (maf inlet pipe) to the turbo came off causing all kind of running issues until I figured out the hose came off the turbo.
I tightened after the first time really tight.
took it out for a small drive, barely ran it hard and it came off again.
Any ideas why it keeps coming off ?
The turbo will hit around 14 to 15 lbs with no problem but i am beginning to wonder if the inlet is being BLOWN off for some reason ?
Thanks for any input Steve

Thanks to all for the pointers. I have the heavier hose on the inlet with a s.s. clamp.
I cranked it tight. I will have to now look at the motor mount also. Thats something I wouldnt have thought of but it does make sense that it could be broken.
Steve

Can we see some pix of what you are having probs with? I'm not clear on what you are having probs with.