Turbo heat damaging hood pad.

nighthawk

Did the 85 Grand National come with some type of turbo shield to keep excessive heat from damaging the hood pad? My turbo has no shield, and the hood pad has some damage right above the turbo area. Maybe this is normal, but not sure. Does anyone have any ideas as to what to put on the hood pad to cover that damage and maybe make it look better? I thought maybe putting a sheet metal plate about 10x10 in. or something. Ideas? Thanks in advance.

the only shield they put ther was to protect the rubber seal at the back of the hood.
i made an aluminum shield out of a piece of aluminum that is about 12"X10" and used self tapping screws to attach it to the stock shield- it covers the area above the turbo and up pipe.

There's a metal plate missing under your hood. All hot air cars have a heat shield that goes over the hood pad to protect it.

TR Customs use to make a bigger than stock plate. I bought one from them, but I don't see it on their website anymore.

There's a metal plate missing under your hood. All hot air cars have a heat shield that goes over the hood pad to protect it.

what does this plate look like? the only type that i've ever seen was like the one on my car that is there to protect the rubber hood seal.

Thanks for the information guys, looks like I need to scan through some pictures on this site to try to see what that shield looks like so I can make something similar to go on my hood. If anyone has a picture handy, would you post it here so i can see it? Thanks.

shield

I just took the original one off my car and have no use for it. It also pushes the liner up tight against the hood. PM me an address and I'll send it to you. It should fit in one of USPS $11 boxes. And you're welcome.---Lee

I have one of the TR Customs heat shields.

Attachments

• DSC01335.jpg
    DSC01335.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC01339.jpg
    DSC01339.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 151