Turbo Buicks on pump gas

Starman

I think someone asked who has the fastest Turbo Buick on pump gas and Methanol...I think that would be Robert Wilson from Winchester, Ky. He went 9:23 @ 147 MPH at Bowling green Ky last year at the Buick Nats. He has built 3 other Buick' s that are street cars here in the Ky area that all run in the high 10's and are very streetable....I have been 10:93 @ 124.50, George has been 10:82 @ 124 and Jr has been 10: 76 @ 128 MPH. all on pump gas....street tires and through the muffs...full weight on all cars...

I think someone asked who has the fastest Turbo Buick on pump gas and Methanol...I think that would be Robert Wilson from Winchester, Ky. He went 9:23 @ 147 MPH at Bowling green Ky last year at the Buick Nats. He has built 3 other Buick' s that are street cars here in the Ky area that all run in the high 10's and are very streetable....I have been 10:93 @ 124.50, George has been 10:82 @ 124 and Jr has been 10: 76 @ 128 MPH. all on pump gas....street tires and through the muffs...full weight on all cars...

What are the specs on your car?

Is a car that is on pump gas + methanol any different than a car on race gas? I would think the meth car would have an advantage actually??

What are the specs on your car?
my car is an original "T" type with air, windows, brakes, steering, a monster stereo with a huge 3-8" JBL sub in the trunk...I have a 212 roller cam with a 62mm precision turbo with alky injection and 60# injectors...stock block, stock heads, stock intake and throttle body with a front mount intercooler...stock rear end with an air bag on the RR...200r4 trans...at 20 pounds of boost....it goes 10:95 at 122 MPH, I have been 124:50 before...my car is pretty heavy....3800 I would guess...my buddies have theirs turned up to 25 pounds of boost is the reason they are going quicker...

That's a good run with your hardware @ 20lbs. I want to get to the track and see what I can do.

So far, I have gone a 10.76 @ 124 and it still has a little left in it. Pump gas and Methanol 24psi. Full weight,all power.;)

So far, I have gone a 10.76 @ 124 and it still has a little left in it. Pump gas and Methanol 24psi. Full weight,all power.;)
we have about the same things, these Buicks. what a rush!!!!! I am going to try 24 pounds as soon as I get my transmission rebuilt..its real slow going into 2nd and high

when I hear someone say pump gas....i expect just that and nothing else....pump gas with alky is another story in my opinion because of the boost you can get away with. To me it is sort of the comparison of some one saying "yeah its a street car" when really its an 8 sec race car that can be driven on the street.

I set a goal for myself a few weeks ago at the track.....how fast can I go just on pump gas....no alky. I have a full weight GN working air blah blah blah typical stuff.....anyway I am only able to get away with 17psi total...... my best pass was 11.80 that was on a 6 psi launch fairly soft. I tried coming out hard at 10psi but the track would not hold the car. I think if it hooked it would have been a low 11.7 or even an 11.6 This is "true" pump gas I wanted to do it this way because this is how the car is on the street. I dont drive around with race fuel or alky.........probably gonna hook up the alky soon and see what the car will do.

just my .02

when I hear someone say pump gas....i expect just that and nothing else....pump gas with alky is another story in my opinion because of the boost you can get away with. To me it is sort of the comparison of some one saying "yeah its a street car" when really its an 8 sec race car that can be driven on the street.

I set a goal for myself a few weeks ago at the track.....how fast can I go just on pump gas....no alky. I have a full weight GN working air blah blah blah typical stuff.....anyway I am only able to get away with 17psi total...... my best pass was 11.80 that was on a 6 psi launch fairly soft. I tried coming out hard at 10psi but the track would not hold the car. I think if it hooked it would have been a low 11.7 or even an 11.6 This is "true" pump gas I wanted to do it this way because this is how the car is on the street. I dont drive around with race fuel or alky.........probably gonna hook up the alky soon and see what the car will do.

just my .02
we all know boost makes heat, heat makes detonation and kills horsepower, people with race gas get a cooler inflow of air and gas....intercoolers help us guys with turbos and alky helps us even more. I would much rather run alky @ 4.00 a gallon(and a gallon lasts for a long time) than run race gas @ 6:00 a gallon...and I think alky and race gas are equal in performance...just my 02 cents worth

just my .02
you will immediately go into the 10's with 21-22 pounds of boost....you time is great right now for 17 pounds..

I agree alky and race fuel are equals and obviously have huge power gains....but to my point neither are just "pump gas"

you will immediately go into the 10's with 21-22 pounds of boost....you time is great right now for 17 pounds..

yes I believe it does have a 10sec pass in it at that boost level....I just wanted to see what it would do with how it it 99% on the street basically when someone asks what does the car run.....I can say the way it sits 11.80....if they wanna play and I think I may be out gunned then fuel in the tank and more boost is my friend :cool:

I have a video of my car and Roberts car at a tract where there is not much traction for our kind of cars, I am on this side of the tract and Robert with his bullet is on the other side, I am operating the camera and George Miller is driving me car, I love watching this..my Buick runs 10:95 and Robert goes 9:72 I think, click on the link below and have fun...(i hope)

where is that track? I love the smaller tracks they tend to be less crowded.

This is Mountain Parkway Dragway....we used to go there a lot until we found we were not hooking as well as anothet track a little further from us but worth it, it is called London Dragway....Roberts best 60" at Mt PW was 1:52, when he went to London he went a 1:44 right away...and that improved as he turned the power back up...London is that place to go, our very best dragstrip here in Ky is Bowling green Ky...Robert went a 9:23 @ 148 MPH there...has not been close to that here where we run because London is an 1/8 th mile track...My PW is a 1/4 mile bout again, no traction..