turbo bolts, 3" dp's ?????

G

garrett

Attempting to change my down pipe......

Snapped three turbo bolts ( that hold the elbow on) and one downpipe bolt. Drilling and tapping is my only option (right)??

ANyway, heres the question. How can I adapt my MM 3" dp to my 2.75" hooker exhaust?

thanks
Garrett

I took the hooker off road pipe to an exhaust shop, they cut the pipe about 2-3 inches from the flange. They then welded a 3' pipe to it. So now it goes from the 3" dp, to a 3" off road pipe that tapers down to the oval opening in the hooker off road pipe then to the 2.5" duals.

That sux....

I was hoping there was an easier way...damn bright idea to change crap...arggggg

strike eagle, you're right......

Maybe I can figure out aa way to plumb it open like a dump pipe....just one more thing to get a ticket for :)

It's pretty easy. Just take it to an exhaust shop and pay them. Doesn't get much easier. I think it was like $30

You find someone with a steady hand and a cutting torch. Heat the broken bolt, hit the Oxygen, and the bolt will burn right out without damaging the metal it was screwed into.

Otherwise, pull the turbo and take it to a machine shop and ask them to remove them for you. Use a liberal dose of anti-seize when you put it back together.

Old stuff is fun, huh? :)