Turbo and Injector size Advice Wanted

HP Man

I see a lot of new Turbo and Injectors out there now. A good street strip combination is my need. I'm familar with the old style turbos and blue top injectors that's about it. All BB Turbos are new to me? Any suggestions. Thanks. GB

Without seeing your current mods I would say this.

There is no need to buy anything smaller than 60lb injectors, 340 Walbro and a 61 turbo. The injectors are as big as we have ( currently ) with the stock computer and they idle perfect, the PTE61 turbo is plenty to get into the high tens and with some basic mods and will spool great, better with a converter etc. The newer technology turbos are putting out more cfm and doing it quicker than the old 60-1's of yester year.

Of course more info would help. Ported heads, now a 206/206 FT cam, stretch type ic, tc not yet ordered, .020 overbored block, stock headers, no down pipe yet or exhaust system. Looking for a streetable package and low 11's or better. I have a new TE-67, 63 ar housing. A basket case car right now and was mostly stock before being taken apart. So all the other parts will be bought to put the package together. Stock rear end and suspension parts. Probably some DR tires to run on the street. HTH GB

i would buy once and "forgidaboudit" - get the 60/65#rs and a 66 or 67 bb and dont look back - it will be streetable and more than capable if ya wanna turn up the wick down the road:biggrin:

don't forget...

the alchy to be able to take advantage of those mod's on the street!:biggrin:
It will help insure engine life as well, keeping you out of KilleR range(talking KR:eek: here!) while enjoying those 20+#'s of boost:biggrin: