Turb-O-Matic Turbo Regal Listing Tool

theMonch

2QIK4U
Hi,

I tried contacting the owner(s) of the site through the "contact" e-mail provided by the site with no answer, so I will post it up here till I here back from them/him/her. I didn't want to step on any toes.

What is Turb-O-Matic?
It is a tool that I designed to hopefully help with the listing of a turbo buick vehicle for sale. I designed it with the average the skilled computer user in mind. Right now it is geared toward turbo regals exclusively, and also designed to work exclusively with this site. It does not actually create the post, but is rather a tutorial and tool to create a great start for a listing.

Why I created/What I was looking for?

Primarily, I am looking for nothing other than to give back to a community that has helped me tremendously.

Secondarily, I was looking for feedback as to it's functionality. I tried not to take it too far, but wanted it to result in a user having given a great deal of information upon their first post, therefore cutting down on unnecessary communications. I think that it would be a great asset, and foresaw it becoming a permanent part of the site if possible. (Possibly a sticky at the top of the "Cars for Sale" thread?)

Even if it does not and the owners of the site decide that they do not want it associated with their site, I would love to get feedback regardless. The reason is, I assigned one of my interns at work this as a learning project for HTML and ASP web development.(I am in the biz) I would love to be able to incorporate feedback-based changes into that learning process.

Thanks, and I hope everyone likes it.

The link below will take you to a launch page that has a link that will start up the tool.

Turb-O-Matic Listing Tool

Greg
(theMonch)

Almost Forgot!!!

Please do not use the tool to post any "test" or ficticious sales to the "Cars for Sale" thread, if you want to see what a post would look like, use the "Preview Post" feature instead, or post as a reply to this thread instead, I don't want to create calamity in the real for sale section.

I would also add the word TEST before your post title so no one finds it in a search as well. It also might not hurt to mention tha it was posted as a test of this tool in the "Miscelaneous" field of the tool as well.

(.i.e. TEST F/S 87 GN highly,modified, T-Top car (Atlanta, GA))

Thanks again.

I suppose the fill-in boxes are supposed to turn white after you uncheck a box?

Yes, the fields that are in the "Vehicle Modifications" will remain disabled until you uncheck the box next to the relative section that says "stock". I figured this way you uncheck the ones that are relevant to the vehicle being listed only.

Has anyone tried to use the tool all the way through and do a preview of a post?

[TEST] F/S 86 GN driver condition in northern NJ

Classification and Listing Type
Classification: Street Car
Listing Type: For Sale

Vehicle Specifics
Year: 1986
Model: Grand National
Exterior Color: Black
Interior Color: GN (Grey/Black)
Interior Material: Cloth
Interior Smoking History: Was Not Smoked In
VIN: 1GNG123412341234
Title Status: Clear
Number of Owners: 4

Location, Asking Price, and Contact Info
Asking Price: 15,000 OBO
Vehicle Location: Bergen County, NJ
Method of Contact: Phone, E-Mail
Phone 1: 201-123-4567- Times:9-5 EST
Phone 2: 201-123-4568- Times:after 6pm eastern
Contact E-Mail: joe.somebody@aol.com

Vehicle Options
Total RPO Codes: 72
Power Windows • Power Door Locks • Power Driver's Seat • Headlights on Warning Chime • Limited-Slip Differential (Posi) • Astroroof (GM) • Rear Defroster • Remote Passenger Mirror • Rear Spoiler • 2 Speed Wipers w/ Delay • Concert Sound II • Air Conditioning • Tilt Steering Column • Front License Plate Bracket • Electronic Cruise Control • Theft Deterrant System (OEM) • Remote Trunk Release • Electronic Climate Control • Digital Dash • Power Antenna •

Vehicle Modifications
Supension/Brakes/Steering:
Has bilsteins front and rear, also has airbags in rear, has s-10 wheel cylinders in rear
Engine Management/Fuel Delivery:
TT 93 octane chip, MAF translator, KB Pressure Regulator, fuel pump hot wire kit, walbro pump
Diagnostic Equipment:
scanmaster
Turbo/Intercooler/Intake:
TA49, Cottons front mount, 3" MAF pipe
Downpipe/Exhaust/Catalytic Converter:
3" downpipe, Hooker 2 1/2 duals, stock Cat
Transmission/Torque Converter:
Rebuilt 2k miles ago, 2800 stall converter, billet goodies
Wheels/Tires:
GTA 16 x 8 with 1 1/4 spacers for rear. Sumitomo GTR 245/50/16 all around with 8k miles

Vehicle Description
Body Damage/Modifications
Car has 129k on body and engine. Car was repainted before my ownership, probably 10 + years ago. beautiful 10-footer. has light surface rust under drivers door and behind driver rear wheel. minor scratchs appoximately 10-15 throughout body
Interior Damage/Modifications
Nothing
Mechanical Problems
Nothing
Miscellaneous
Overall this is a great driver for the street, or occasional track car. I have owned her for last 5 years and have put on 7k miles. I have receipts for the trans build, and a few receipts from previous owners. Accepting reasonable offers as I need a pickup truck for new business I am starting.

Sample Ouput

The above post is a sample of the output of the tool. I created the listing in a little under 10 mins with making it all up as I went and I am a slow typist. The car is not really for sale and the info contained in the listing is all ficticious.

I did notice while doing it that somewhere along the line the fields for mileage have gone missing. I will go back and rectify that now. It will have mileage fields for chassis, engine and trans seperately.