Tuning

The Reject

I've been reading quite a bit on thease cars and my question is: How do you guys tune? From what I've read it seems the only way to tune is fuel pressure, boost, and chip. Is that correct or is there so other ways I haven't read about yet. I currently have a 1g dsm awd and we use fuel computers and all kinds of other things to tweak the car.

Originally posted by The Reject
I've been reading quite a bit on thease cars and my question is: How do you guys tune? From what I've read it seems the only way to tune is fuel pressure, boost, and chip. Is that correct or is there so other ways I haven't read about yet. I currently have a 1g dsm awd and we use fuel computers and all kinds of other things to tweak the car.

There is a hac available for the GN chip, so you can edit ever perameter.

Their is a guy in your city, Cal Hartline, who might be able to help you (your GN, not DSM). Hartline Performance I think.
:D

Thanks for your replys. I guess you just tell the chip burner your combo and thats it? Just play with boost and fuel pressure?

A MaxEffort chip or Translator plus with an extender chip will allow every change you guys can make.
Timing, idle fuel, midrange cruise, TCC lockup, spoolup fuel, launch assist, whatever. Burned into the chip is the fuel map, timing curve, injector pulsewidth, etc.

So you can see there is more to it you want to get into it.

Or if you are not so inclined you pay a chip burner to make you a nice chip and fogetaboutit

Welcome to the board !

Good questions !

So-called "tuning" with the FP thankfully has faded out as fast as un-heated 02 sensors, & non-synthetic oil.

Today, you can have a properly sized injector safely operating with a 85% DC via a correctly calibrated chip.

HTH :)