Tuning Q (non GN)...

S10xGN

RETIRED!
Anybody here know of any tuners that have worked the LF3/MGG combo in the Cadillac VSport? This is the twin turbo 3.6L V6 and Aisin 8 speed auto. There's an outfit on the Cadillac forum that claims 70HP & 80Ft-Lbs, but they want $1300 for the tune and programming device. :eek: The good news about that price is the much-needed trans tuning is included, and the stock tune can be reverted...

I can't comment on that exact tuner but I have used both sct and Diablo tuners in the past, you need the device but it was nowhere near 1300$ if I recall it was closer to 500$, had a couple of tunes, could read codes, alter other parameters, timing, line pressures, shift points, compensate for tire diameter etc....

Sounds like they applied the Cadillac tax but what do I know, 70HP and 80ftlbs wow!

Russ, have you looked at EFILIVE? I use it on the LS stuff, but haven't been around the Caddy..

I can't comment on that exact tuner but I have used both sct and Diablo tuners in the past, you need the device but it was nowhere near 1300$ if I recall it was closer to 500$, had a couple of tunes, could read codes, alter other parameters, timing, line pressures, shift points, compensate for tire diameter etc....

Sounds like they applied the Cadillac tax but what do I know, 70HP and 80ftlbs wow!

This is from Trifecta, and it's tailored to the vehicle's VIN. I'm assuming they look up your VIN, verify what's needed, and build a tune specifically for that ECM. Not to mention this makes it non-transferable to another vehicle. Their web states their shop car ran 12.30 with nothing but this tune. Not bad for a 6 cylinder in a car weighing 4000# empty! Another plus is you can put the car in "touring" mode and run regular gas if you need to. Put it in "sport" or "track" mode and it's on!

Russ, have you looked at EFILIVE? I use it on the LS stuff, but haven't been around the Caddy..

Chuck, I'm not about to fool with any of this new high-tech stuff. I've got computer skills, but too old to "relearn" the new and afraid to chance permanently damaging something...

Chuck, I'm not about to fool with any of this new high-tech stuff. I've got computer skills, but too old to "relearn" the new and afraid to chance permanently damaging something...

BUT Russ, that's the "fun" part! :D
My bud, Brad Brand, the local dyno/engine shop guy's dad, just bought 1. We'll see how soon Brad gets into it! Won't be long, I'm sure.:smuggrin:

OLD?? I'm so damned old, my first date was w/ Eve's sister!!:bucktooth:

Seems there was a glitch on the web page, the tune is actually $888 and not $1288. Still higher than the norm, but maybe doable in a month or two...