tunerpro and sd2

Hiwinds

Can you open the sd2 tune in tunerpro edit it and then upload it back with powerlogger to the ecm

I assume we need some sort of 'definition file' to tell tunerpro how the bin file is put together

Oh well. Worth a shot. I tune my syclone with tunerpro and was just wondering. Kinda like the interface in it a little better that was all. Thanks for the quick response.

Can you open the sd2 tune in tunerpro edit it and then upload it back with powerlogger to the ecm
Yes you can open your cal file in tunerpro. But of course you need the correct xdf file which is PLPro.019.xdf

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.[emoji252]

Yes you can open your cal file in tunerpro. But of course you need the correct xdf file which is PLPro.019.xdf

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.[emoji252]
Well there ya go! I'll give it a try myself just gotta find that xdf file

Yes, I really like this interface, and the ability to multiply/divide/add to multiple cells at once, import etc... Tune from the couch!

My next question: What sort of calculation method does the SD2 use to make fuel corrections? For example, my correction factor of -7% on a VE cell reading 59.0.

would it be:
option 1: 59.0 x 0.93 = 54.87 (equivalent to 59 - (59*0.07))
option 2: 59.0 / 1.07 = 55.14

I may have answered my own question based on what is stated in the instructions for the SD2 (option 1), but I would like to hear what is expected to be a more accurate result (resulting in less iterations of VE table modifications)

Further question to developers:
Is there any possibility of export or translation of log files into .csv (comma delimited or other excel compatible data files)?

This in combination with a relatively simple spreadsheet could compile/average correction percentages to be applied to a VE table in each particular cell (VE table can be exported from TunerPro I think) and also allow better sorting of data. Maybe I'm just missing how to do this with existing infrastructure...

Just curious. I'm sure most of us work with excel all day at work, so that is a natural data interface for most...

Option 1 would be my vote... But the map resolution appears to be 0.5% so the answer is gonna be 55.0% either way.

Further question to developers:
Is there any possibility of export or translation of log files into .csv (comma delimited or other excel compatible data files)?

its already in there. in the save log dialog, there is a filetype dropdown at the bottom with a couple options.

Bob

My next question: What sort of calculation method does the SD2 use to make fuel corrections? For example, my correction factor of -7% on a VE cell reading 59.0.

would it be:
option 1: 59.0 x 0.93 = 54.87 (equivalent to 59 - (59*0.07))
option 2: 59.0 / 1.07 = 55.14

I may have answered my own question based on what is stated in the instructions for the SD2 (option 1), but I would like to hear what is expected to be a more accurate result (resulting in less iterations of VE table modifications)

when the correction factor is -7%, the SD2 chip is multiplying the internal calculations by .93

Bob

Thanks very much for the quick response! Time to play around some more!

Found out what it feels like when the powerlogger has some sort of error on the highway today... My car looked like a diesel with all the fuel smoke coming out the back at 75 mph. Lucky I found a very small place to pull off in construction zone and coast to a stop after the engine stopped running.

Wiggled the USB plug and pushed upwards into the pcm and then it started again. Could tell it was whacked out because readings while monitoring were jittery with KOEO. I really need to figure out what to fix readings like KR, and blm cells jumping around. Now i need to figure out how to prevent that from happening again.

make sure there is no pressure on the PL, make sure the connector is clean.

Bob

I believe I have resolved the issue. Disassembled the computer last night and discovered the powerlogger was loose on the circuit board. The foam tape had let go and was no longer supporting the board. I pulled it all apart and used some double sided foam tape I had laying around, just had to double it up for thickness.

I also added a strip along the entire length of the connector. It doesn't move at all now (or possibly ever again! :) ) and feels much more solid when I plug in the USB cable. Next upgrade is the right angle USB cable.

I believe I have resolved the issue. Disassembled the computer last night and discovered the powerlogger was loose on the circuit board. The foam tape had let go and was no longer supporting the board. I pulled it all apart and used some double sided foam tape I had laying around, just had to double it up for thickness.

I also added a strip along the entire length of the connector. It doesn't move at all now (or possibly ever again! :) ) and feels much more solid when I plug in the USB cable. Next upgrade is the right angle USB cable.
Here's the one I use

http://www.usbfirewire.com/Parts/rr-ar4tbr1-36g.html

Select 6ft. length in pull down