Tune shop Closest to Winnipeg MB Canada?

TheGovernment

My 86 T
So I got my alky kit in and it has been great. The other day my car was idling in the driveway after a coolant gauge was installed and while we were waiting for it to get to temp, the car just started running rough and now will pretty much not run at all. It idles fine but when you start to get into it it's just flat out falls on it's face. It's running rich as I can smell it. This was an ongoing problem for a while that would show up for a second or 2 about once a week but now is terminal lol. So far what I've changed coil pack, igniton module, lt1 maf with translator, plug wires, plugs (ac delco 43's gaped to .30) I have the TT chip and the other mods are in my sig. Vac doesn't seem to be leaking anywhere. It's the same problem I was having but worse now. Makes the car a lawn ornament lol. Scanmaster numbers seem fine and there are no codes. Grounds seem good but I'll have to dig a bit more. I've learned TONS about my car from this forum and various others and want to say thanks for answering my questions I've had in the past. I'll be putting a new O2 in tomorrow even though it's only a year old AC one, just to make sure.

Anyways, I know after the alky kit and the other mods, I'm in need of a proper tune. I want to take the car for on in the spring as it's getting cold and it will be parked soon, though I'd like to find out whats wrong first but if not, no big deal it can wait.

I'd be able to go as far as Minnesota north/South Dakota, Montana. I'd like to stay within 8 or so hours from home. Does anyone know of any shops around these areas that can do a proper, good job with a guy thats not gonna rip me off? Money's not a huge issue. I may even look into a car transport if needed. I want the car to have a good once over. I know it's running piggggg rich and have no problems if it need other mods or anything. We don't have any places around here with dyno's that can do it and all the places that do, want nothing to do with a buick :)

thanks!

Interesting... I have an appointment on the 26th at Wall's Rod & Custom to put my car on his dyno. With the help of this board I've been able to figure out every problem except one... So I'm going to give him a shot. I'm having 14* of shift knock and hoping that we can find it on the chassis dyno. I want him to tune it as well - and verify wideband numbers. Otherwise it's pulling the tranny... I can let you know how I make out?
Darren

I already talked to Walls. He wants nothing to do with it, he actually laughed when I asked him. He said they won't tune turbo cars anymore. This was about 2 months ago. It's a few pulls on the dyno and i'd have to tune it myself and that defeats the purpose of tuning it lol

Hey Gangster,

I just wanted to get a pull on my setup this summer and they were going to charge $150 for 2 pulls seemed a little steep, thought $100 would be plenty. Let us know what they charge..

It almost seemed that the jacked the price b/c they didn't want my business.

Ed, from Wolf Performance would be the best guy. He uses both Walls and Motion's dyno for tuning. He is a Mechanical Engineer that use to teaches internal combustion at the University of Manitoba and currently teaches it at RRC. He is a NHRA record holder with his Mustang and has helped developed the Tweecer for the Mustangs. He is always bugging me to let him tune my car. Super smart guy!

You should have taken your car to the track with us. Fun times!

Interesting... I have an appointment on the 26th at Wall's Rod & Custom to put my car on his dyno. With the help of this board I've been able to figure out every problem except one... So I'm going to give him a shot. I'm having 14* of shift knock and hoping that we can find it on the chassis dyno. I want him to tune it as well - and verify wideband numbers. Otherwise it's pulling the tranny... I can let you know how I make out?
Darren

Darren, watch out for Brian, he likes to tune on the lean side. He also plays with his correction factors on his dyno so everyone makes lots of horsepower. This all started when people were complaining about not making much horsepower, then going to Motion and making more. So, now everyone that leaves Walls has a high horsepower car. There was a kid with a 96 Camaro that put down 400rwhp on his dyno and then wondered why he could only run low 14's at the track. All he had was an exhaust and cold air intake.

Ed, from Wolf Performance would be the best guy. He uses both Walls and Motion's dyno for tuning. He is a Mechanical Engineer that use to teaches internal combustion at the University of Manitoba and currently teaches it at RRC. He is a NHRA record holder with his Mustang and has helped developed the Tweecer for the Mustangs. He is always bugging me to let him tune my car. Super smart guy!

You should have taken your car to the track with us. Fun times!

I couldn't, my grandma died that Friday night and I forgot my phone at home. Can you ask Ed if he'd give it a try?

Sorry to hear about your Grandma. I will definitely ask him when I see him. I saw him a few times in the last couple of weeks. I'll let you know what he says.

I emailed back and forth a few times with Brian and he seems willing to try to figure it out. He never mentioned anything about not wanting to tune it, in fact he feels it is tune related. I feel it's tranny or mechanical so I'm just hoping making a pull with the hood up and some bodies around we can see or hear something. Then if all else fails, well hopefully I can get some other good information out of it. The lady on the phone said $150/hr - then she said $125/hr?

He just flat out refused to even look at mine. Said he didn't have the proper computer programs blah blah. I didn't get a good vibe from him. I was quoted 150 per pull also BTW.

Well, I got tot try a known good maf and found out my brand new translator or the new maf are shot (running int he car for 3 weeks and 2 week of problems). Known good maf in and the car runs perfect. Whats up with the quality of the parts we get. I've had so many parts for my car that were new, end up being crap.