TTA's For sale????

Rogue Leader

Eat my valvestem caps!!!!
Anyone ever check out Autotrader.com ???? Theres a LOT of TTAs on there across the country, and quite a few are very low mileage, and the prices on there are HIGH! I wonder if people actually pay those prices?

Contact one or two of those sellers and ask them if they've had any good contacts. :)

This website is very good in the sense that you can talk to each other and share good info. on a daily basis. So , IMO we tend to drive prices down. In the other WORLD , prices will proceed to inflate because GM has stopped producing the firebird/camaro.

Like the GNX, it had lots of exsisting High performance turbo buick's on the street marketing this machine(GNX) for years. The last one was built in 87 and that was it.... no more Turbo buick's.

TTA came out while other Trans am's and camaro's were out for years and already had it's version of a high performance car's ....T/A,Formula,GTA,Iroc,Z28. Plenty to choose from right?

Now, there is none of that anymore. Time for collector's to start collecting. Therfore, inflated prices will be persistant and eventually the TTA will be a true collector car.

This is not intended for flame usage for anyone that reads this and think's otherwise. All right's are reserved under the KIA files section 0U812 in my cranium cavity.

Originally posted by TT/Ameasap
.0U812 in my cranium cavity.

Good Album, but I think you might have listened to it too much back in the day if it has its own section in your head ;)

> eventually the TTA will be a true collector car.

We'll see. I hope you are right. It sure seems like they are destined to become a "falling between the cracks" car. There are lots of them in auto history.

First rule of collectability: rarity does not equal value

Originally posted by mark b
>

First rule of collectability: rarity does not equal value

I agree with this, in the past ithads been the High Performance car that get the attention. I am pretty sure that finding a 3-Speed INline Six '65 Mustang is a little harder than a V8 powered one, but which is worth more money. When it comes to Camaros of the 80's , the Z-28 is the money, not the far rarer Berlinetta. The main question for ours is if anyone will know what the hell it is.
I mean if you see a 428 Cobra Jet... you know exactly what it is and what is so special about it. If you see a Chevelle SS, wether its a 396 or a 454 LS-6, people look at it and know its bad A$$. OUr cars, well its a GTA and there are many like it that are slowwwwwwwwww. THey look at ours and see Mullets and white trash, even worse than the Disco Bandit cars of the late 70's.

In my opinion, we have some thigns working for us.
1. There is a finite number of Trans Am's in the World now that GM has ceased Production.
2. There is dispute over which is faster TTA or LS1 WS6... all depends on which you own. Meaning... some say OUrs is the fastest Factory Produced Trans Am
3. Rare
4. They have a production number, just have to track it down by VIN#
5. Has a Legendary Powerplant that even ricers think is cool
6. Its an Indy Pace Car
7. First Car in History to Pace INdy with no Modifications from Showroom.

I could probably come up with a few more good reasons, but when someone ask me how much I think my car is worth, they usually get a very long answer covering all the above mentioned items, then I say I have $4500 invested in mine and you can pick one up on ebay for about $15,000 in the same condition as mine. Though, I think mine is worth about $30,000 because that what it would take to get me to sale it.