Ttaowner

BigBlue85Regal

A little over a month ago I came across a posting for parts for sale. I was looking for inner fender wells, an hvac box, bumper shocks, and under steering column vent for an 86-87 turbo car. I found parts for sale from TTAowner in CT. I sent him a text message about the parts I was looking for. After several texts, I called him. He was a nice guy that knew his stuff. He told me what he had and how much he wanted for the parts. I agreed on the prices that he was asking for them. He told me that he would check on the shipping and get back with me on a total amount. It might have been several days when he called me back with a total of $540. He told me to get a money order for payment if the parts. I was told that he would have the parts boxed and ready to go and would be shipped when he received the money order. That was July 28, 2012. On July 30, I texted him to let him know that it was on its way and should be at his house at any time. On August 4, I texted James to see if the money order came yet. He said he received it and was waiting for it to clear. He told me that he would check the bank on August 6 to see if it cleared and if it did, he would give me a tracking number for my parts I ordered. August 8 I texted him again to get a tracking number with no response back. Several days had past with no response from James. I called money gram to check the status on the money order and the automated service said the money was cashed on July 31, 2012. I sent James a private message on the forum with no response. On August 16, I sent him another message with no response. On August 19, I called James and he answered his phone. He was polite and said he got behind on bills and could ship the parts yet. I asked if I would be seeing a tracking by the beginning g of that week and he said yeah. Once again, nothing. I sent him another private message on August 23 asking him if he had forgot to ship my parts. Once again, no response. On August 25, I sent him another private message asking for a return of my $540 I paid for parts or a tracking number for my parts that he promised to ship. Here it is, August 31, 2012 with no money or parts. I've ask other people on the forum that had purchased parts from James with success. They've received parts within two days. What gives James? I've heard great responses from people that have done business with you. I feel I'm getting screwed on this deal. I'm not sure what's going on but I've seen where you have bought several parts cars since you've gotten my money. So I know you had the money to ship my parts and it should have taken this long to ship the parts you said were boxed and ready to go when you received the money.

I'll be honest here. James and I have had our issues but he's an asset.;) I don't say this about a bunch of guys but I will be more than happy to call him my friend.:)

Just as I'm more than happy to call James and YOU, Charlie, as my friends......you're both terrific stand up guys (and with the greatest sense of humor.....even though you're not Dirty Harry, you've both have "Made my Day" plenty of times)

Give James a little time here....he sometimes gets behind but he has very much moved up to the top of the "honest guy" list....

Bruce '87 Grand National

I've read other thing positive responses on here about James and thought it would be a great person to buy from. I wouldn't mind doing business with him in the future since he has a lot of parts that i might need ad my car comes together. He sounded like a great guy on phone and seemed legit. I was just getting concerned that I gave money to somebody out of trust and was told that my parts were boxed and ready to ship as soon as he got the money and I have nothing yet after a month. Put yourself in my shoes, a new guy to the forum, not really knowing all the ins and outs, sending money to a person on a whim, expecting parts that was promised within days of receiving payment, and after the money was received communication stops for almost s month. I would just like to get the parts that were promised so I can get my 85 Limited back in the road. He the parts are still in the car, then cool, he could have told me that it would take a while to get them to me. I would have ok with that. I'm sure I'm not the only person buying parts from James and I'm sure won't be the last.

James will not screw you over. I bought items from him and it took a while to get them shipped. No big deal. I will say this too...I talked to him on the phone about some larger items I was interested in. I was sitting at my canopy at Norwalk Buick weekend this past June and here come James walking up. He filled his trunk with all the items I wanted and drove them 9 hours to Norwalk...on a whim. We hung out the entire day...went to dinner...drank in the parking lot that night...and he is def a friend for sure.
I am going to Conn to get parts from him at the end of the month. You will get your parts...he gets a little behind.

:D

Thanks for the reassurance. If I have to wait a little bit that's fine. It would have been nice to know that up front rather than wondering if I got screwed over. Like I said before, he came across as on honest and knowledgeable guy on the phone.

It's pretty accurate the way he is telling it . He sent the wrong kinda money order in the beginning and then I over spent buying stuff and paying bills . I apologize and I'm sorry but I assure you I got your stuff boxed up. The 2 boxes that I initially had wouldn't fit the parts so I had to build the box. I'm a 1 man show here finding cars, towing cars, stripping cars, writing ads, boxing parts, answering phone and email etc....... To be honest it's overwhelming at times !!! I apologize but you will get your parts. Nobody's has gotten ripped off by me.look through the feedback section no one is saying I straight up ripped anybody off !!!! Your parts are not little parts that I can just throw in a normal size box unfortunately. I'm sorry things got delayed

Thanks James. I could understand where it could get extremely busy trying to juggle all that by yourself. Apparently there was just a communication break down on both our parts. I'm not mad, I was just concerned. I would like to continue busy with you in the future if possible. I've read all the positive feedback and that's why I choice to contact you for my needs. If it wasn't such a long drive, I'd come out and pick up the parts and browse around. Thanks again for clearing things up.

Hey, James.....you're a damn good guy manning up, apologizing and explaining the situation......if you don't get a damn gold star for this, I'll personally send you one....so let me know......we sure can count on you for being a good guy (and an honest one!).......I...for one...really admire you....take care, good buddy. And stay away from loose women!!!!!:p The TurboBuick commuity needs you more.....

Bruce '87 Grand National

SO ,when are you shipping the parts?He sent you money in July It is Sept either send the parts or send the money

It's pretty accurate the way he is telling it . He sent the wrong kinda money order in the beginning and then I over spent buying stuff and paying bills . I apologize and I'm sorry but I assure you I got your stuff boxed up. The 2 boxes that I initially had wouldn't fit the parts so I had to build the box. I'm a 1 man show here finding cars, towing cars, stripping cars, writing ads, boxing parts, answering phone and email etc....... To be honest it's overwhelming at times !!! I apologize but you will get your parts. Nobody's has gotten ripped off by me.look through the feedback section no one is saying I straight up ripped anybody off !!!! Your parts are not little parts that I can just throw in a normal size box unfortunately. I'm sorry things got delayed
Ironic how you advertise to sell parts in the very add that you cant seem to complete a transaction.Good guy, friend,buick community,Bla Bla Bla
I dont list parts unless i can box them up and ship them the next day.Why would someone send money for parts he doesnt need for over a month?Normally when someone buys parts they need them now
Nothing against you personally i dont even know you.All I know is I wouldnt be as nice about this as Kevin has been. I know just from reading this thread I would never buy parts from you there is NO excuse for a guy to wait a month for parts!

Jeez man...the guy stepped up and admitted to screwing up. What more do you, someone that doesn't even have a horse in this race, want? Blood?

James is Great to deal with, and has a lot of the parts just about all of us need. Prices are good too.

Jeez man...the guy stepped up and admitted to screwing up. What more do you, someone that doesn't even have a horse in this race, want? Blood?
I want Kevin to get his parts Okay so he admitted he screwed up so 48 hrs has past has he shipped the parts?

James is Great to deal with, and has a lot of the parts just about all of us need. Prices are good too.
His prices should be great if you take a month to ship the parts.I could sell shit for free and never ship it

In other words...nothing. you obviously have an axe to grind outside of this event...which of course doesn't involve your money.

Is the OP satisfied with the answer they received?

Well, I didn't get an estimated time of arrival from James on the parts. Yeah, he admitted the problem and that he is a busy guy with a lot of stuff going on and that I would get the parts sometime. Regardless of the incorrect money order I sent, which I didn't know there was a difference in where you get a money order and it wasn't explained until I sent it to James. The original conversation was, the parts are boxed and will be shipped when I (James) received the money order. I'm trying to patient at this point cause, I'm out $540 and still waiting on parts. Again, if he had told me up front that it will take several weeks or so to ship the parts, then cool. I'm not trying to start some sort of war on here and I can't help what other people's opinions are. Question for the people who have ordered parts from James, how long did it take before you received your parts after payment was shipped? Just asking?

It took James a week or so to ship parts to me. I admit that I'm terrible about shipping myself so I give some latitude with shipping. If I was selling parts like I used to I might be better but even when I was doing sales on evilbay I shipped at least 1 week after payment was recieved.:oops:

wheel wells and a heater box both take really large boxes which i initially thought i had boxes for and i did have some pretty big boxes but not quite big enough and since the store in the plaza where i rent went out of business about 5 months ago big/super size boxes became hard to get. i dont normally ship tons of parts this size because of shipping costs because most people dont want to pay them so i dont normally search out big boxes. most things i ship are like wiring,gaugclusters, steering columns,intakes, cranks, dash plaques ,wheels and other smaller normal size items. so i had to get a 10 foot by 6 foot piece of carboard double wall to create a box with.your stuff is all boxed up and i got the cash to mail it so you will get a text with a tracking # tomorrow. again im sorry kevin for your trouble if there is something small i could throw in there extra for you send me a text before the afternoon and if i got it i will throw it in for free for your trouble!!!!!