TTAowner aka James in CT

camzillaz

Wanted to thank James for all his help with my 86 GN. Unfortunately I got into a little accident with some front end damage late last year. I got my body shop in touch with James to order all the parts needed to repair my car. James took the time to talk with me and the body shop to get all of the parts shipped.

He was very fast and responsive, and always took my calls when he could and returned them promptly when he could not.

Deal with confidence when working with James, he is a stand up guy and is eager to help a fellow TB owner.

Thanks again James for all your help.

Scott

Currently working with James, hopefully he will come through on one final item needed to complete my car.

I'm needing a header panel for my car, the one James sent got damaged in shipping.

Please see my post in Parts Wanted.

Scott

This will be my last post in this thread.

Short version - James did come through and shipped a header panel for my car, but not without a little aggravation.

Long version - Initial dealings went very well and had the original header panel he shipped not turned up broken, my original post would be spot.

However, the process of trying to get another header panel sent was a fiasco! The original package was insured, but between the body shop and James trying to figure out who was on first, no other header panel was sent and I got caught in the middle.

My car has been at the body shop for the past 2 months waiting on this header panel. James contacted me to let me know the body shop was giving him the run around, so I sent him payment for another header panel via next-day delivery (I sent him a money order). I was under the impression that he was going to send another header panel the same day he received my payment (first week in January) but that didn't happen. I tried to get a hold of James for the past couple of weeks with no luck.

I finally decided that I needed to find another source for my header panel and called Brian at Gbodyparts.com and he quickly took care of me (see my other post). With my header panel now on its way from Brian, I figured I was just going to have to write off the amount I paid to James since I hadn’t heard from him. Well no sooner was I ready to write it off, I unexpectedly get a text from James giving me a tracking number and an apology.

The header panel James sent to me showed up yesterday (January 31st), unbroken and in good shape. I don't really have a need for two header panels right now, but I figured I would just store the one James sent.

I wish things would have gone smoother with James, but in the end I will give him credit for sending me a header panel and not leaving me holding the bag, and for that I do want to say “thanks”.