TTA vs Pontiac GTO 05

If think its that Christer that I sold my formerly 88 GTA to. He is living in Västerås right ?
Daniel

Yes that is him. The car had a Ta-60, big valve heads, dutt neck, TH pipe, etc last I heard he went 12.7 on pump gas with radials which was a few years ago.

Daniel - stay away from that E-85 , its addicting :biggrin:

Oh 24 PSI... Thats scary for me :) I may do that later on, I have a Greedy profec spec2b laying around that I will install to have better controll on the boost. Tomorrow I migth go to Säve Raceway and race 402 meters, will try to beat my best time on 12.87 that I did almost stock. But with the tune I have now, I dont know if its possible. But I will have MT drag tires anyway.

Daniel

24 is nothing for that turbo, it doesnt wake up till 23psi.

I put one on my dads WE4, went straight to 24psi and left it alone. 3 sets of rear tires in 3 years, something tells me dad likes to beat on it alot.

Just turn it up and the car will respond very well to it, there is a HUGE difference in the feeling between 20 and 24 psi on that turbo, the sweet spot is above 23:)

My 44 was the same.

You should get it into the 11s pretty easily with that turbo.

BW

Yeah but it seems like I am getting knock already on 18-20 ? My boost gauge is leaking some so I dont know excatly what psi I am running. The knock retards are octan related, cause they disapered when I filled up some E85.
Anyway, so I have some tune to go on.

Daniel

gap your plugs to 0.30 to 0.32, fuel pressure at 43 to start, Mine is at 41, seems to like it better.

tune for knock, set alky control at 6-7...before run push the button and hear car bog to make sure its primed.

Make run and note 02's.. add some fuel if low 02's per TT instructions.

false knock jumps, real knock climbs

once you got most of that then start turning up da boost...would like to see 22#s

boost gauge leaking is bad...fix leak

Agreed, turn the boost up and tune for no knock. Should run good after that. :D Then go get that GTO.

I actually have to pull fuel from my car, its overly rich. But the BLMs are high at idle.:mad: Runs good though. Just dropped the static FP to 38psi. Seemed to help. 780 02s on the alchy with no knock. Alchy knob is at 3-4.

Once I get my PLX w/b hooked up, should pick up alot. At least I hope it does. Also got my rebuild kit for my 44 coming.

yeah that 43# fuel reg settings is not set in stone..scojack has his at 38 and mines at 41... always plenty of tinkering to be had

If you want to goad one of those newer GTOs into a race, pull up and say, "that's a really clean lookin grand am! what body kit is that?"

If you want to goad one of those newer GTOs into a race, pull up and say, "that's a really clean lookin grand am! what body kit is that?"

I was lined up with one yesterday, looked like an 04 (no hood scoops), but he didn't even try. I only accelerated lightly, but it was enough to get his interest if he wanted to tangle....he just rolled along like a grandma.

Weird. I thought you Swedes were only into rallying. Nice to hear about some 'Merican muscle over there! :biggrin:

OR... get some E3s and dont worry about gapping anything anymore :biggrin: I've tested them from boost levels 15 - 26psi no probs, great plugs.

E3 ?? Where do I find it ? Actually I must do a fix up on the ignition parts now such as plugs and ignition wires.

Daniel

Weird. I thought you Swedes were only into rallying. Nice to hear about some 'Merican muscle over there! :biggrin:

Some of the nicer looking street driven muscle cars I've ever seen are roaming the streets of Stockholm during the summer. While I was there two weeks ago, I saw two really nice first generation Firebirds cruising around.
Also, while eating outside at a Texas Burger Co restaurant a buddy of mine owns, I watched as a newer GT-500 tried to chase down a Ducati. The sound of that GT-500 at full throttle just resonated off the walls of the tall buildings. He was only in it for a few seconds since there isn't enough room in the city for that kinda game playing, but man it woke the place up.:biggrin:

A couple years back, I was crossing the street and heard tires screaching to a paniced stop. I look to my right and bearing down on me was a beautifully restored blue 65 Buick GS convertable.
I stopped in my tracks, smiled and assumed I was about to go to heaven on the hood of a muscle car.

He got the thing stopped before killing me, so I told him "If I'm gonna die over here, I want it to be on the hood of that car!":biggrin:

E3 ?? Where do I find it ? Actually I must do a fix up on the ignition parts now such as plugs and ignition wires.

Daniel

Daniel,

You can get them at Sparkplugs.com. E-3 Diamond Fire part # E3.42 or see if one of your suppliers over there can get them for you. They are just under $6.00 US each. Kirban also sells them.

There are few of us on the board that have used them with great results. I has also talked to Kirban about the plugs a while back and all of his customers that had used them we really happy with them :biggrin:

Hmm strange, for the TTA the part number seems to be 3.53 instead of 3.42 ?? Its the same engine...

Daniel

I went with AC Delco 42RLTS plugs (gaped to 0.32) and Accell 8 mm wires, seems to work good :)

Daniel

I have also installed the greedy profec b spec now, its a good product! Driving on 17.5 psi on the low setting, and around 21.5 on the high, dosent seem to be able to go higher with E85 in the alky injection. I guess I have to get meth instead.

I took a ride today, it was a calm one... I smoked a Volvo T5 R... A Corvette C5 wanted to race... On a red light he said "Now do we go!"... I backed out of that race due to much traffic and narrow roads in the middle of the city, to dangerous. Lucky for him I guess :)

Daniel