TTA SS 3" Custom Downpipe?

This is a DEAL !!!!!! My custom headers and downpipe for my TTA stage 2 project were way more than Nicks set up !!

Is this still going to happen?

Sorry for the lack of updates, but there has been a slight change of plans.

The fab shop, which is owned by a good friend, has purchased a mandrel bending machine so there is no need for us to farm out this part of the project. :)

The delay is the usual issues to install and get this equipment up and running which has been going much slower than anticipated? :(

The good news is when the pro-type unit is done, we can easily produce these pipes in-house which means we have much better control of the production process, and most likely we will be able to meet our target pricing. :D

Actually I have become VERY interested in this project as I now own a Festival TTA after 25 years of many and various GN's and T-Types being in my personal garage! :cool:

Thanks to everyone for your interest, and will keep you informed of our progress.

[The one on the right is mine!]

TRANS AM 5.jpg

Hard for me to believe almost 6 months have passed since I started this project, but many items beyond my control have taken place, but finally I do have a 3", 2 piece TTA downpipe so we can get moving on this project! :)

Since we have a DP in hand that does fit properly in a TTA, we can now build the production fixture from it which is needed before we start bending pipes. I also have the RJC stainless flanges and pucks on the shelf.

The automated mandrel pipe bender is a very complicated and expensive machine and has been very difficult to get it up and working. It has been running with 2-1/2" tubing, and is now being set up for 3" bends.

I do appreciate everyone's interest and comments so we can make this a quality piece with your help.

The flex joint is an area of concern of exactly how to terminate the lower end of the pipe. We will look closely at this area, and any other comments are appreciated.

We could possibly do more than one mating type, with or without the flex joint, so please feel free to voice your opinion.

The current schedule is to have the fixture done within 2 weeks, and I will keep you posted on our progress, thanks!

Hard for me to believe almost 6 months have passed since I started this project, but many items beyond my control have taken place, but finally I do have a 3", 2 piece TTA downpipe so we can get moving on this project! :)

Since we have a DP in hand that does fit properly in a TTA, we can now build the production fixture from it which is needed before we start bending pipes. I also have the RJC stainless flanges and pucks on the shelf.

The automated mandrel pipe bender is a very complicated and expensive machine and has been very difficult to get it up and working. It has been running with 2-1/2" tubing, and is now being set up for 3" bends.

I do appreciate everyone's interest and comments so we can make this a quality piece with your help.

The flex joint is an area of concern of exactly how to terminate the lower end of the pipe. We will look closely at this area, and any other comments are appreciated.

We could possibly do more than one mating type, with or without the flex joint, so please feel free to voice your opinion.

The current schedule is to have the fixture done within 2 weeks, and I will keep you posted on our progress, thanks!
How bout some headers???

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

glad there is still interest in this project. I installed a 3" flex piece at the end of my ATR 2.5 downpipe. no vibrations at all. The flex pipe should be optional as on my race car I don't care about vibrations, but on my street TTA, I like to keep it smooth!

Time for a progress report on these downpipes! :)

We were able to obtain a DP off a TTA that appears to be one made by ATR? Since we actually removed it from a TTA, we know the the fit is excellent.

The fixture has been built for the 2 piece DP like we had, so we will next build the first pipe within the next few weeks.

It appears the best configuration is to make it in 3 pieces. Our plan is to make the completed pipe assembly to fit when removing the stock DP and cat, and mate to the stock 3" intermediate pipe joint.

The pipe number 3 will replace the flex joint and the cat. Possibly we can offer pipe no. 3 as an option, if an owner prefers to use his cat or flex joint?

This will be fit to my TTA soon, and we will have pictures when this happens.