TTA Sputters!?!?!

BlackRob91

Ok I have I problem and cant seem to figure it out, when at idle and I rev my TTA it sputters and sounds like its missing?:mad: :confused: When I drive it also does the same thing when I get into it? :mad:, at one time it didnt wanna start I took the fuel filter off and replaced because it was really dirty and the car fired up but still sputters and everything? help please?!?!

Check the plugs, wires, coil pack. Those are the usual suspects. O2 sensor possibly.

mine did it 2x - one was vacuum line off on turbo and one was bad plug. (plug was 500 miles old and went south so don't assume)

I had something like that happen at 3,000 RPM like clockwork, but only under load. Driver's rear plug wire was touching the windshield wiper motor case and under load, it was able to ground out and the car ran like crap. As the wire insulation looked trashed from all the grounding out and stuff, I changed them and the plugs. Ran great after that until water got in my MAF somehow (stupid me didn't tighten up the airbox nut securly and a big rainstorm soaked the filter) and it started to die. :mad:

Ok now I have another assumption from what Ive heard from Razor, and Mike from full throttle, they said that if it were a bad plug or anything to do with timing or ignition the check engine light would not come on. But under anytype of load at all the CE light flashes when it sputters?! So they assume it might be my chip?