TTA running terrible, had to leave it...

360chris

Had to leave it in Brattleboro, VT [near mass/NH] yesterday. Anyone have a shop near there? Or in Mass or NH? It still runs/drives but has a bad stutter and knock to it.

It really sounded like a rocker came off to me, so I pulled both valve covers and they both looked fine. I started it back up and drove it, now the boost gauge doesn't work - I might have left a vacuum line off? I don't know if the boost gauge was working when it started running bad either? But it was working perfect before I know that. Seems to have boost, but runs like a bag a crap and it seems to come and go - but the knock is always there.

I parked it someplace safe and got a ride home to Albany, NY.

I'm planning on going back in a week to flat bed it home or I will bring it to the nearest northeast shop if they are up on the buick 6. It's been a while since I've changed the plugs, would bad plugs or bad coil packs cause a knocking sound?

Thanks in advance!
Chris

Is the knocking high pitched or deep? Does it knock in park? Need more info. Spark plugs wouldn't make it knock. I hope the place you parked it is as safe as you say.

Jim Dunn is right off I95 near the Philly airport. He just worked on 2 TTA's One of them the guy drove 1200 miles to have him work on it. He is very good tuning these cars and has been around them for a long time. His prices are very reasonable as well. Link to his site with phone number... BuickTurboPerformance.com

I treked back up there this morning and I replaced the coil pack. Started up a little rough but then came right back to life - no more stutter or noise. Took it down the road, brought it to temp and was still perfect with no loss of power. Getting a ride back there Tuesday and bringing her home.

Thanks to all who replied.

Anyone have a preference on plugs? It was ac delcos in it now that I'm happy with - when I went to purchase them they were different from the ones that were in it. Anyone have a reason whey they like a certain kind? And should I gap them tight because of the boost?

Thanks again in advance,
Chris