tta info on festival car?

chas52

new to the site
have a t-top cloth
last 6 digits are 228136
is this a festival car?
any info would be great
chas52

There's a lot of info about this on Turbo Trans AM.Com if you haven't gone there yet. A lot of those guys come here too. Best way to find out is to contact Pontiac Historical services and buy the info package for your car. That number sounds low enough to be a Festival car, does it have a handwritten number in magic marker on the bumper under the rear license plate?

Festival car

Your build number is somewhere around 130; it is most likely a Festival Car. LotusS4 on this site has alot of the Indy signout sheets. He may be able to verify it is a Festival Car and tell you who drove it.

just buy a tta .....what is a festival car ! sorry if is a stupid question but for the last 12 years i only run tr's .....the tta was new for me !
where i can get my tta numbers
what thay give when you buy the info package at Pontiac Historical services ...
it not the same info you can have whit your vin paper on the glove box !

what is the rear end ...how fast i can go whit slick whit this rear end !it is strong like the 8.5 tr's!

so many stupid question :redface:

thanks tybob

from what i guess the tta was in the parade before the race?
these cars are scary, the faster you go the better they handle
gn engine with upgrades so is it better?
bought it for my wife had a z28 and she loved the gn so best of both worlds?
they go up in value while the gn stays low for what they are.
if it had a v8 ,worth a lot?

The Festival cars were the ones actually used at the Indy track by Pontiac employees, press people, Indy people, important people, etc.

PHS will tell you what build number your car is, whether it's a Festival car or not, things like that.

The rear end is a Borg Warner 7 3/4" (I believe) axle with a 9 bolt ring gear and is commonly known as a "9 bolt". It was also used in regular Trans Ams and Z28's, in the TTA it has a 3.27 axle ratio and is not as strong a 8.5" sadly. Putting slicks on it is up to you but I'd say prolonged dragstrip use will result in the differential going "boom". I'm going to put a set of Drag Radials on mine someday but I'll be gritting my teeth waiting for weird noises.

It appears to be really easy to put them in the 12's and not too tough to go 11's from what I read and what my friend Grumpy tells me.

Build number should be 134 and yes it was a festival car .... LotusS4 will have the festival car number most likely for you .... Cloth t-top and deliverd to Don Sisk Pontiac Inc. in Indiana

Hope this helps!

thank turbo f-bird , i start to read on this forum thay have a lot of good info :biggrin:

it is all steacker on the door or some other have magnet steacker for the 73 anniversery 500 !

The number written in marker behind the rear plate was the number assigned to the car at Indy. It is not the build number. All TTA's have a build number; only Festival Cars will have a Festival number.

if the car is festival #134 does it make it more valuable than a regular tta?
car is all stock except for chip. has orig tires but worn out as 23k
seems about it for the tires. only thing wrong with car is the radio display is not showing up. radio works fine but no display.
thanks for the help out there, much appr.
chas52

if the car is festival #134 does it make it more valuable than a regular tta?
car is all stock except for chip. has orig tires but worn out as 23k
seems about it for the tires. only thing wrong with car is the radio display is not showing up. radio works fine but no display.
thanks for the help out there, much appr.
chas52

134 is the build number, not the Festival number. Two different things.
As with any older car, mileage and condition are important in determining the value. Some people may think Festival Cars are more desireable.

car is in xcell shape. dont plan to sell it but nice to know value as for ins. purposes
actually i use it for parts on my gn when something goes wrong than i return the part back to the tta
any guess to value? i guess 20k<

car is in xcell shape. dont plan to sell it but nice to know value as for ins. purposes
actually i use it for parts on my gn when something goes wrong than i return the part back to the tta
any guess to value? i guess 20k<

How many miles on it? All stock or any mods? Anything repaired / painted / replaced on it?

23k for miles no mods except for a chip
no accidents. all stock even old tires
its a good #2 or if detailed a good 1&1/2