TTA in Oct '09 issue of Motor Trend

auto_cran

On the last page of the October 2009 issue of Motor Trend on the "(archive)" page, there is a short piece titled "Trans Am Greats - We shall never pass this way again".

Has a nice pic of our TTA next to a '69 TA.

It's pretty short, but hey, we'll take any coverage we can get!

Chris
---------------------
1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am #760 (1940 miles)
1986 Pontiac Fiero GT V6/5-speed
1988 Chevrolet Corvette 35th Anniversary #1941/2050
1983 Delorean DMC-12
1986 Toyota Supra MKII
1987 Toyota MR2 T-Top/5-speed
1985 Kawasaki Eliminator ZL900

"yeah, I'm stuck in the '80s!"

I saw that. Pretty good little article. At least they bring to light the fact that they were underestimated the HP and that they were pumping out at LEAST 301 hp.

I saw that. Pretty good little article. At least they bring to light the fact that they were underestimated the HP and that they were pumping out at LEAST 301 hp.

Good to see you are still around Walt, PM me sometime and let me know how you are doing. :)

lee

Would you scan and post the entire page? I hate to spend $6 on the mag only to rip one page out. Thanks, Mike

ive been asking that for a long time, but according to a magazine from 89 they dynoed it at 220 hot of course no numbers under decent weather or any reference to torque

dynoing doesnt seem to be a big thing for most of these guys they just run crazy fast track times, ill be dynoing soon but im far from stock

I picked up my copy last night :)

Hasn't ANYONE dyno'd their stock TTA?

What PAS claimed at wheels

pasletter.png

Flywheel

pasenginedyno.jpg

Hasn't ANYONE dyno'd their stock TTA?

I dyno'd mine close to stock back in 2006...3" MAF pipe w/K&N...later found out the cat was gutted, needed new plug wires and valve springs were shot. Boost was set to ~17 lbs if I recall...made 229hp 324 ft lb...dead over 3600rpm.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-trans-am-tech/181669-put-tta-dyno-sunday.html

If the weather holds out it's going on Anderson's dyno this Sunday for some new numbers with a good bit more mods...hoping for over 400.