TTA Festival cloth car #14 is for sale

Market is soft right now. If you notice GNX's are also way down. Gas prices keep going up these cars will get harder and harder to sell! :mad:

I know the car and can attest to how nice it is. I saw it in BG two years ago and it was an awesome car. Someone will be very happy with the cleanliness and originality of the car. The previous owner was very meticulous about the car and this car will not let you down.

Good luck on the sale.

Someone got a deal of a lifetime on that car. I've seen it on there a few times as well, never thought it would have sold for that price or I would have submitted an offer of more than that! Was just talking to my wife about it Saturday since it has the same miles as my TTA...was thinking about making an offer and then selling mine since it was not as rare :( I guess the old addage is true...you snooze you lose.

I think this car was listed for $18K on tb.com last year when it was for sale by the prevoius owner. I thought it was turbov6joe's car last.

I thought it was a good buy at the Buy It Now, but didn't make a low 20's offer because I knew (or thought I did) it would be turned down. That's a great buy on that car ... Lots of room for appreciation when the market starts moving.

Unbelievable!!!!!

I have not recieved any money or contact yet from Agusto8 on Ebay. All I required was 500 within 48hrs.:rolleyes: Looks like it will be relisted if I dont hear anything by tonight.

Bo

I don't need this temptation right now ... Kid starting university, and a wife racking up doctor bills! Seriously, it seems the TTA cars have dipped a lot lately in value. Shame really since I think they have great legs in the near future ... Wish I had lots more money to throw around!

Sucks about not getting the deposit on eBay. Anyone that didn't close that deal at $20K might outta have their head examined. How does one verify that it's a real festival car, used at the track? A picture of them all wouldn't seemingly do that, but perhaps the documentation itself does?

Mike

Only real way to tell is sign out sheet from the actual race.If one wanted to clone they better know who has what car and ask.... kinda like a GNX... I was contacted about my car being at the race and moved on to cold calling to varify....All was true. Not very many people can do that. My car is got to be one of the rarest of the Festival TTA's.

Are you trying to convince me to not pay these bills laying on my desk?! Seriously, that sounds like an awesome ride. You said "Almost mint" in the eBay ad. What areas would you consider less than mint?

Mike

Only real way to tell is sign out sheet from the actual race.If one wanted to clone they better know who has what car and ask.... kinda like a GNX... I was contacted about my car being at the race and moved on to cold calling to varify....All was true. Not very many people can do that. My car is got to be one of the rarest of the Festival TTA's.

Just curious but I was under the impression that all the festival cars were at Indy for the race. I figured not all were on the track scince only 65 are shown in the picture but thought they were all there.

I have not recieved any money or contact yet from Agusto8 on Ebay. All I required was 500 within 48hrs.:rolleyes: Looks like it will be relisted if I dont hear anything by tonight.

Bo

I've sold cars on ebay in the past and MANY are window shoppers. And many win and say "oh $hit I can't afford this" AFTER their winning bid. A friend of mine sold a car on ebay. Sold 3 times and got the shaft from all 3 bidders! Just ship it out to me I'll give you $400 a month for a few years! :wink: :cool:

I've sold some cars on eBay and never had a problem. Over the years I've gotten pretty good at weeding out the shoppers from the buyers. It becomes a gut instinct after doing it long enough ... It's never popular when I cancel someone's eBay bid, but I do end up with a real buyer.

Good luck on the TTA sale ... No deadbeats this time I hope!

Mike

I've bought 3 cars on ebay, the last one I did do an "oh sh!t" when I won cause I didn't have time to go look at it in person before the window to pay was up...I did end up flying out to CA for a few hours to check it out then flew right back and bought the car. I got my TTA on ebay 6 years ago, then a '79 beater TA, and a 87 Mercedes SL560 for my step-daughter...
So if you see my ID bidding, I will be buying it if I were to have high bid :)

Not to get off topic (more than we already have), but the comment you made above caught my attention. You said "Didn't have time to go look at it in person before the window to pay was up"? Maybe I read that wrong, but the way I see it is when you win the Bid, you own the car whether you go see it or not. Maybe that's why people but "You are bidding to buy, not to come inspect" in the ads?!

Mike

Not to get off topic (more than we already have), but the comment you made above caught my attention. You said "Didn't have time to go look at it in person before the window to pay was up"? Maybe I read that wrong, but the way I see it is when you win the Bid, you own the car whether you go see it or not. Maybe that's why people but "You are bidding to buy, not to come inspect" in the ads?!

Mike
No joke, that's why I did an oh crap..I personally don't hand over the total without seeing it first. There's more crooks selling on ebay so its not getting paid for in total site unseen, pictures don't tell everything. That said, I have never not paid for a car after seeing it in person either.
When it comes to buying a car, the winner better make sure he has all bases covered and able to go see it in person if they have a problem like I do not seeing it in person first ;)