TT speed density fastest E.T.s...post your fastest

black86gn

Boost addict
To everyone running TT sd chip, what is your fastest pass? Trying to basically see how fast people have gone with Eric's SD chip and even your opinion on how fast E.T. is reasonable...my time is in my sig but I know is not close to the fastest running this chip :cool:

Is this the chip that you end up going Speed Density and ditch the MAF?

I already have a wbo2 and power logger. Does that essentially make you tune just your fuel pressure at the rail and timing?

Is this the chip that you end up going Speed Density and ditch the MAF?

I already have a wbo2 and power logger. Does that essentially make you tune just your fuel pressure at the rail and timing?

Yes you ditch the MAF and run a 3 bar map sensor instead. The SD chip makes its calculations based on MAP reading, TPS and IAT I believe. You can tune timing for 1rd/2nd gear and 3rd/4th gear set fuel psi to 43psi with the vacuum line off. Check out Eric's site, there is so much information about the SD chip on there I would fill up the whole screen typing about everything you can do with the chip! :biggrin:

Its a really nice chip and full of options. I run it and love it. I started out with the 5.6 then went to the 6.0. I suggest you guys do the same. I took notes on wideband readings during various driving conditions with a 5.6 race chip and used them to fine tune my SD chip. Eric had the chip very close out of the box which I expected. Making sure the car had no issues in driveability and starting was my job and that made thing flow easier also. I made many logs to get it dialed in and started with low boost(low 20s) then tweaked on it until I couldn't tell it was without the mass air meter. I strongly recommended you master the 6.0s wideband tracking feature. It will make tuning the SD so much easier.

11.21 @ 122.78 exceeded my goal of 11.50 very happy with the SD chip set-up. If you watch the video link in my signature you will see a easy launch, 1.7 60'. You may also notice the fuel in 1st gear was on the rich side on this run by seeing the black smoke. My car is set-up as a driver(not a show car, not a race car), doesn't sit for more then a day or two at a time, when the roads are dry...
Just wanted enough engine to give me a chance in a street fight(extremely rare), and earn some respect for my Buick Brother's and Sister's out there....

Chuck

The fastest I know of is Gabby Rojas, who ran a 9.63@141 a couple years ago.

Eric

That is very impressive Eric, great job with the chip I love every minute of it!

11.21 @ 122.78 exceeded my goal of 11.50 very happy with the SD chip set-up. If you watch the video link in my signature you will see a easy launch, 1.7 60'. You may also notice the fuel in 1st gear was on the rich side on this run by seeing the black smoke. My car is set-up as a driver(not a show car, not a race car), doesn't sit for more then a day or two at a time, when the roads are dry...
Just wanted enough engine to give me a chance in a street fight(extremely rare), and earn some respect for my Buick Brother's and Sister's out there....

Chuck

Nice run Chuck, like the video of you cruising around as well.

Wasn't able to make it to the track this spring with the SD chip but I did put my car on the dyno. Did 714 to the wheels with it. I think it will do mid nines once I get a chance to play at the track. Videos are in my signature.