TT,SD, XFI? which direction?

nolanator

@none_more_black
Hey guys! (maybe girls too?)
Over the last 2 months, I've been doing a lot of reading on how these cars work, but fuel injection is one of the topics I haven't covered yet, so with that said, anything I come across will be a little bit of a learning curve. My dilemma comes with which direction I should go in. In the past, I have always started out the easy way and then eventually progressed spending more money to get the good stuff as time went on, but now I'm in the position that I might want to just jump right to the top.

My car is not a daily driver and will realistically probably see maybe 1500 miles a year. For the most part it will be raced, but I need to maintain good streetability. The car currently has a 5.7 TT chip with a normal tune supporting the mods. I also have a power logger on the car, but haven't even used it since I haven't put 5 miles on the car since I bought it back in March.

What I want to know is the best route to take. Do I upgrade my stock MAF to an LS1 MAF and get the MAF translator? Should I go with the Speed Density setup? ...or do I just go right to XFI?

I understand that XFI is the end all be all scenario, but is it worth the cost and labor to get it going?

Thanks.

Since you already have the power logger , I think I would go SD , will be much cheaper. This was not available when I made the choice to go XFI back in 07. I saw a guy running low 9s in Bowling Green last year using SD , I have never used it to tell you the differences between the SD chip setup vs XFI using SD.

Bryan

For me The SD2 was easier to figure out than the genII translator. And the car runs better with it.
It all depends on your skill level and understanding.
if you have wide band and power logger already sd2 is a lot cheaper.

I also run the SD2 since I started out with basic 5.7 chip then moved on up to the SD2 since I had all the supporting hardware , I did not have too much problem setting my car up and it does seem to run better and less parts to worry about and plus you have all kinds of adjustments you can do similar to the XFI system , I was at BG last year also and saw the car run in the low nines with the stock computer and SD2 so it can be done if your car has the supporting mods , years ago this was not available so many went the XFI route to get their cars tuned for racing , no more than I do with my car it seems to working very good .

TurboDave , TurboTweak and Bob Bailey have been great support for this product if you decide to go that route .