tt chip question

Two T's

Long Time member
I have a tt chip that I got from a close friend as a package deal I have been getting knock think ruled out fule pump if you roll into throttle in third gear at about 10 lbs of boost start seeing knock looking at caspers guage progresivly gets worse as you stay in it when light gets to yellow I get out of it see o2 counts between 750-839 and knock on scan master is in between 2.0-4.0 depending, worst was at 839 o2, and 4.0 knock at 15 lbs boost. also put 5 gal of 110 race gas in 1/2 tank of gas to try to eliminate knock no improvement buddy lives in Tenn. think they have real gas down there not like our 10% ethonal should I get new tt chip Eric can you send me Pm with your # would like to talk about it with you also this is older chip that you change with heater controls I have 86 ttype with soft touch ac if you want to call me any time my # is 414-559-1655 need your help am getting nowhere fast
Thanks tom:confused:

If you put race gas in it and that didn't relieve the knock amount, then you most certainly have false knock. Something(s) are coming in contact and making noise.

I agree with Dave. If the race fuel didn't change the knock, then it is most likely false.
I'll try to get with you tonight or tomorrow sometime.

Eric

I agree with Dave. If the race fuel didn't change the knock, then it is most likely false.
I'll try to get with you tonight or tomorrow sometime.

Eric
Thanks dave only thing new to car is duttwiller neck intercooler and 3" single exaust watched guys install it everything clear and supported with multiple hangers. Altho there never was a hanger on car sence i purchased it by the cat location the one that goes over by the trans cross member. Now that I think of it the heat shield under the passenger seat was a little close to down pipe thought they gave me more clearance though will double check everything and get back to you by the way I'm Tom scott's friend from millwaukee I brought my car over to your house when I was down for the shoot out at 411 when scott had the black car. Scott told me to call you but I work third and I usually go to bed by 8:00am was afraid that would be to early in morning and didn't want to bother you.
Eric thanks for chiming in I would appericiate if you could still call me would like to still talk to you about car as soon as poss. new fule pump and poss. new chip as like the way you can adjust chip with key and gas pedal feel free to call any time as usually up from 2:00 pm to 8:00 am every day
Just want to thank you both
Tom:cool:

Check your DP and make sure its nott hitting somewhere. Also flexplate bolts and heatshield as you said

cheked heat shield was less than 3/8 inch away from down pipe took off also the thd is at least 3/8- 1/2 away from a/c box shield every where else totally
clear exaust solid. ran into another friend had think it was called viacom computer like direct scan I guess ran car fule pressure 45psi line off pluged.
ran car 60 psi fule scanmaster o2 839 knock15 lb boost 4.2 viacom read 940 4.0 knock turned fule to 43 line off 15 lb boost 60 psi maby58 close and again knock once was 1.6 another 2.4 stay in it 4.0 o2 was 750-790 his still showed at least 100mv higher on 02 than scan master strap on driver side a little loose tightened no change think might try pump next just to eliminate unknowns any body think of anything else
Thanks tom