TT chip installed. car is slower now...

krisking94

So installed my new TT chip last night. Installation went fine. Car overall runs better then before for normal driving. But it doesn't pull nearly as hard. I had another aftermarket chip in there that the previous owner installed. ANS Stage 1 chip. Never heard of it. But basically car doesn't pull nearly as hard with the TT in it. Low end power and high power all went down. And I even uped the boost to 18psi. Now I'm waiting on my scan master to come in the mail so maybe after I adjust all the parameters it'll be faster but as of right now it's a dissapointment. Any ideas guys? You think it just needs to be tweaked around or the old chip was better.

And yes I know I'm dumb for not having a scan master right now. But it's alright it's coming in the mail (y)

The ANS chip prolly had a ton of timing in it. Any other numbers on it?

What are you running for fuel? 93oct?

Rick

How do you know the car is slower? But dyno is not always accurate. Only the timing gear at a track can tell you for certain.

The TT chips always seem to be rich on the low end (on the ones i have tried) check your numbers and work the tune from there.

I've never had a loss of power with a chip. I have however gained huge reliability and performance with one though. The car is baselined and logged with a TT chip. I dial in the air fuel and timing as much as I can with the chip. Then I order another chip that has the timing and fuel I request so that the baseline tune is as close to possible based on the info I got with my logs and also a lot of knowledge of timing and a/f requirements I gathered over years of tuning. Eric will burn whatever I want. Was timing verified? What was the baseline timing and a/f? What is it now? Without answers to these questions it's about impossible to say what to do next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ANS chip prolly had a ton of timing in it. Any other numbers on it?

What are you running for fuel? 93oct?

Rick
No numbers on it sadly. Bought the car with the chip already in it. You think once I fool around with everything on the scan master I can get it to pull harder? Also 93 octane

yes the scan master will help you tune as long as you know how to read the readings on the scan master.. you should also invest in pl as well. hope you have a good fuel pump and its hot wired. dont run anymore than 14 to 16 psi until you can monitor knock.. good luck and happy new year!!!

yes the scan master will help you tune as long as you know how to read the readings on the scan master.. you should also invest in pl as well. hope you have a good fuel pump and its hot wired. dont run anymore than 14 to 16 psi until you can monitor knock.. good luck and happy new year!!!
I believe I have a AM fuel pump. It is hot wired I know that. But too late on pushing me then stock boost. Oh well. Scanmaster is already on its way to me. Just drive soft till then.

I've never had a loss of power with a chip. I have however gained huge reliability and performance with one though. The car is baselined and logged with a TT chip. I dial in the air fuel and timing as much as I can with the chip. Then I order another chip that has the timing and fuel I request so that the baseline tune is as close to possible based on the info I got with my logs and also a lot of knowledge of timing and a/f requirements I gathered over years of tuning. Eric will burn whatever I want. Was timing verified? What was the baseline timing and a/f? What is it now? Without answers to these questions it's about impossible to say what to do next.

have u ever heard of the ANS stage 1 chip?

have u ever heard of the ANS stage 1 chip?
No. Probably belongs in the smithsonian. I don't believe ans has been around in a long while. Chips are so cheap and can be had so easily I would never run a mystery chip. The last non adjustable chips I used were from Red Armstrong and while they worked very well they were not adjustable and the octane needed to be at least what was listed for use or it would hurt the engine. Timing verification and Wideband were just as important back then as now. I did both but had to settle for an LM1 Wideband (which also belong in the smithsonian) back then and was able to give feedback for re-burns to nail a/f

No. Probably belongs in the smithsonian. I don't believe ans has been around in a long while. Chips are so cheap and can be had so easily I would never run a mystery chip. The last non adjustable chips I used were from Red Armstrong and while they worked very well they were not adjustable and the octane needed to be at least what was listed for use or it would hurt the engine. Timing verification and Wideband were just as important back then as now. I did both but had to settle for an LM1 Wideband (which also belong in the smithsonian) back then and was able to give feedback for re-burns to nail a/f

So overall the TT chip is better. I just need to adjust it a bit

Get the TT chip from Eric and give him all your info about your mods so he can burn it. You will be happy.. Trust me..

No numbers on it sadly. Bought the car with the chip already in it. You think once I fool around with everything on the scan master I can get it to pull harder? Also 93 octane

I think you're getting like me....truthfully......my GN ran very fast....of course, I had to "fool around" with it, and each time I did, it went slower........sooner or later ,as I continue to "improve" it, I predict it won't even start......as usual, I'll just sit in it with a cold Coors, and make "turbo" sounds for a few hours.:bored:

I should have followed the old warning: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Thus, I've improved my GN performance from a screaming banshee to a hunk of metal that "looks" beautiful up on jack stands...........go figure.:rolleyes:

Bruce '87 Grand National

How do you know the car is slower? But dyno is not always accurate. Only the timing gear at a track can tell you for certain.

The car can be determined to be faster or slower by using the AIP sensor......Always works for me and it's more accurate than a scan master!;)

For those who don't know what the AIP sensor is: ASS INICATOR PRESSURE SENSOR. Thank you kindly.:D

Bruce '87 Grand National

Too bad you didn't get the Scanmaster first. I bet it would have shown a bunch of knock from your mystery chip. The TT chip, if burned for your combo and octane should run pretty nice right away.

ANS Stage 1 chip.
more timing and a leaner afr over the tt chip.it just brings you closer to the edge,you can do the same thing with the tt chip if you like its fully adjustable but your only going to go so fast on low boost ranges 15/18psi on a stock engine.

The car can be determined to be faster or slower by using the AIP sensor......Always works for me and it's more accurate than a scan master!;)

For those who don't know what the AIP sensor is: ASS INICATOR PRESSURE SENSOR. Thank you kindly.:D

Bruce '87 Grand National
I don't think my AIP sensor is calibrated like yours, but if I keep the window down and stick my head out, I can be more accurate.:ROFLMAO: