Tso tsm ths

You can still runs heads up Pro Tree racing with an index class. I'm involved with it at my local track and they run it at the Shakedown At Etown and the Yellow Bullet Nationals. It also happens to have the highest car count by far out of all the other classes.

Optimistic

Maybe I am being optimistic, but it seems like there are a lot of people spending time and money building cars for the classes. I know the turnout for the last few races has been poor, but there are a lot of cars getting upgraded, freshened or built. Nothing takes the wind out of the sails of the people preparing for the races as much as hearing how it's dying. I say leave the rules alone for a little bit and see if some guys can get their stuff together and get going. A couple good fields when the timing is right and guys will start going out of their way to race again. And yes, thank you to the few who have been able to show up to all the races, your dedication is impressive. I wish I could be there with you, and I plan to be in the near future.
Specifically for the BPG, is night racing possible? If so, I would give that a try.

yes that is what I want next year,,,,in Salem the last time we were there we ran Elims under the lights...

Is there many people opposed to a 2 day event instead of 3? The group of guys I was with were all 2 day people with the exception of 1 team. Its cheaper for the racers and will make attendance look bigger. Could do friday and sat or sat and sun. I think everything sat and sun could have been done on sat. I made a test pass, a qualifying pass, went to Jegs, replaced a tire and fuel line and still made the 2nd qualifying pass sat. That kind if tells me there was a huge gap between round 1 and 2 lol. I think friday and Saturday would be great. Anyways, have the main elimination day and the big car show on the same day so the spectators can get a full day of action.

Is there many people opposed to a 2 day event instead of 3? The group of guys I was with were all 2 day people with the exception of 1 team. Its cheaper for the racers and will make attendance look bigger. Could do friday and sat or sat and sun. I think everything sat and sun could have been done on sat. I made a test pass, a qualifying pass, went to Jegs, replaced a tire and fuel line and still made the 2nd qualifying pass sat. That kind if tells me there was a huge gap between round 1 and 2 lol. I think friday and Saturday would be great. Anyways, have the main elimination day and the big car show on the same day so the spectators can get a full day of action.

It did seem as though there was quite a bit of downtime, at least until raceday then it seemed to pick up the pace. I've noticed in the past that as Carl was saying Saturday is the peak of attendance. On Sunday it's like all the swap meet guys and car show guys have either left Saturday or are packing up and leaving early Sunday before eliminations really get going. Maybe it just the traveling and everyone wants to get on the road so they aren't driving late Sunday. Following that thought along maybe qualifying should be Friday and Saturday morning and eliminations Saturday after the car show. Don't know if that's the right way to do it, but if it's the weakest attendance day then maybe it's a day that could be cut and save money on the track rental. And I guess Sunday could still be used as a backup if it rains Saturday.

Funny how this is the same conversation we were having years ago when I was the RRA for the TSS class...

K.

We can get race program done in 2 days...in the past Saturday morning was Car show only...that will change as the show will be moved...to the themed event location...all good input...keep it coming

Got my new NMCA magazine today, they didn't have a full ladder in any class at their race at MIR.

The NMRA race in Bowling Green last weekend was down in all classes as well. There won't be a full 16 car field in TSO or TSM ever but I can see 8 in TSM and 4-5 in TSO. The heat is definately a factor for the June, July, August events. Night racing is the only way to have a racing event during this time of year.

Well I think there needs to be a V6 Turbo heads up class...maybe a Q16 for Turbo V6's or have them jump into the regular Q-16 class or even try for the Furious Four or make it 8 cars. It is not only about the Racers but the spectators and the Donors who put up the $$ for the events...I heard too many times from donors that they were fed up with paying out to the same 2-3 guys and they wanted to donate to another class that being THS. I do not want to be Debbie downer but if TSO and TSM do not get a bigger turnout the BPG may have to re-consider payouts to those classes.

I heard too many times from donors that they were fed up with paying out to the same 2-3 guys and they wanted to donate to another class that being THS. I do not want to be Debbie downer but if TSO and TSM do not get a bigger turnout the BPG may have to re-consider payouts to those classes.

Sean,
Why would you come on here and ask what can be done to help the classes and then turn around and say such a stupid statement !!!!!

Who are the vendors that are tired of donating?

Ask the NHRA if they are tired of Force and Schumacher winning !
Ask NIKE if they ever got tired of TIGER winning !

In the day to day of running a business there is an investment to be made and I think maybe these so called Vendors that are tired of paying donations should consider it an investment from years ago and from today on !

Like I told you guys and gals in Columbus by far it was the best promoted Buick event that I have been to seeing lots of people walking around and that awesome display of TTA's but this makes me wonder how.

If I ever get my car done, I'll race for a case of PBR and a lap dance at Tattle Tails...

Sean,
Why would you come on here and ask what can be done to help the classes and then turn around and say such a stupid statement !!!!!

In the day to day of running a business there is an investment to be made and I think maybe these so called Vendors that are tired of paying donations should consider it an investment from years ago and from today on !

Like I told you guys and gals in Columbus by far it was the best promoted Buick event that I have been to seeing lots of people walking around and that awesome display of TTA's but this makes me wonder how.

PLEASE TELL US WHAT VENDORS!!!!

Just courious!!! JD

Sean,

The BPG is non profit...I am not going to divulge the vendors as if I do they may stop sponsoring any Buick Event. We paid out for a full 8 car field I had many a conversation with Cal in regards to How much the BPG had in donors and BPG funds which was $1800. Cal set up the payout structure. Mt statement did not say we would not do payouts...but reconsider the payouts to those classes...The point being is the last time TSO had a full field I believe was in Salem in 2005 (if my memory serves me) So all I am asking is how do we make the racing more competitive can TSO and TSM be combined...or run TSO and TSM but also a heads up V6 Turbo class.