TSM-Legal 8-second pass

Don did it! 8.91@151.x

Jeeze, that's fast!!! Great job. Remind me not to race you at the stoplight if I'm ever in Chicago. Glad your project produced such fantastic numbers. You da man.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Jeeze, that's fast!!! Great job. Remind me not to race you at the stoplight if I'm ever in Chicago. Glad your project produced such fantastic numbers. You da man.

Bruce '87 Grand National

By the way, who's "Don"?

Cal told me 8.97 but I'm sure tomorrow he'll try harder :). Jeeze, drive half of the night and all day today, cover 820 miles, and I missed it by about 10 minutes. Congratulations, Don and crew.

Where can I find the TSM rules?

(I was just wondering if this was done on an 8-bolt 109 block and conventional heads)

I got a call from Clint and he said 8.97, OFF THE TRAILER:eek:

Congrats, about as awesome as it gets!!!

Big congrats to Don Cruz and crew!!! I and probably others said it would just be a matter of time...:cool:

Not that it makes that much difference... but I think it is a 71 turbo.
sorry bout that ,fixed it :), the plug for checking compressor cover opening as i recall is 71.5 so a 71 is legal, but most ive seen run the 70mm turbos
they allowed my 71Q back in 04

151 on a 109 is haulin

How the frick are those guys keeping headgaskets on those cars ???

What is the secret ? :cool:

I'm so afraid to turn mine up... because of the lack of fasteners around the cylinders. :D

lcn-k2185-1_w.jpg

Someone mentioned that that run resulted in the I/C being blown open.. Must have exceeded the 24# boost limit!!

"off the trailer" unreal! Congratulations Don

Datar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone mentioned that that run resulted in the I/C being blown open.. Must have exceeded the 24# boost limit!!

Nope. Car was just fine. Going to try and run a little faster tomorrow in the cool morning air. Cruz built one heck of a TSM monster

I think you are confusing Don and Roy Garcia, who split both intercooler tanks on his first pass Friday. They found someone to weld it up and he was running strong that night and Sat in TSO qualifying but had some kind of transbrake issue first round.

Don backed up the 8.97 Friday with an 8.8 Sat morning. Can't remember if it was 8.81 or 8.87, sigh. The missile is definitely flying!!!! Oh, he also won TSM :).

While I'm typing, Dave Fiscus ran a personal best TSO-legal 8.16 at 173 or 4 mph but hurt his trans, and then the backup failed.