Trz front A-arms

e-brake

The Dirty One
Hey I just ordered a set of Trz pro uppers and lower has anyone had any problems with the upper hitting there downpipe with a low ride height I also have a 3" Ta performance downpipe ? Thanks guy any info and pics would help me with my build

Here are some pics of them installed. This was the downpipe before it was modified and it would hit when suspension was loaded. Santhuff coil springs that have flat ends. Needed spring spacers so wouldn't bottom out on inner well under hard braking.
Next spring rate up was too much.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1387555880.736304.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1387555896.013795.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1387555911.126421.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1387556135.121487.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1387556145.285134.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1387556168.679226.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1387556178.554203.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

There is a lot of wheel travel with these arms using these springs. I got something like 5". The limiter is set so that it tops out right before the shock extends fully, for right now. The suspension is really free with this setup. I went with this setup so I can get maximum weight transfer on days with marginal track prep, such as test n tune nights.

Thanks man for the info and pics what's your car 60ft and what kinda time you run do you think the arms are worth the money and help that much ?

I didn't hit it hard with the new setup before winter came.... 1.50 60ft and 10.3 at lower boost. The goal is 1.3s and well into the 9s.

On a good prepped track I don't think the difference would be worth it but I've always had issues hooking on test n tune nights. Keeping it as free as possible with a lot of wheel travel should give me the best shot to hook in crappy conditions. Having adj shocks and the travel limiter will let me tighten it up as it gets faster and/or for good track conditions. With the shocks set to loose, the front end is really free with these arms and its so easy to move the front end up and down.

Sometime in the spring I'll be able to answer better how they are working.

Had to make a new down pipe for mine as well. 4 inch custom unit. Not sure but some may fit ok? My old downpipe was already dented from the stock control arms from coming down hard from a wheelie. The new control arms were touching the down pipe in the same spot at ride height. I would guess you lose 1 1/2 to 2 inches clearance at the rear edge of the control arm to down pipe.

WIith a quality pair of front double adjustable shocks. ie Afco or Santhuff travel limiters are not needed. It can be adjusted in setttings.
Might be able to give you more room without it.