Trying to run the tunerpro on my Laptop with the MAFT pro

yes, change it to 19200 and save it (tunerpro needs to be off when you do this)

Then see if it will connect

Not letting me save for some reason. Says make sure file and path are correct. All I did was open ads file in notepad type that 19200 and File: save

Tunerpro was not running at the time, right? You could do a Save As to another filename. The select it as the ADS file.

Bob

Correct it wasn't running. I don't know... damn thing says I don't have permission to save and to contact admin. Yet I am the Admin and logged in as me. Stupid Vista.... Only would let me save it in my documents folder as a text file.

ain't Vista cool........ </sarcasm>

you should be able to rename it now, then select it in tunerpro.

B

change the extension when you rename it. the ".txt" is just part of the name, the file is fine.

B

Under file name it has the .ads but the bar below it File Type is where the txt comes in to play. My only options on that bar are either .txt or all files. I pick all files and it still says text document. About to go to sleep though. I'll connect it to the car tomorrow and see if anything happens.

Sweet it connected and was able to record. Now does the settings from the Maft pro automatically show up on the Tuner pro or do I have to enter them?

the logging functions in tunerpro are separate from the tuning functions.

for tuning, you need the correct xdf file loaded, this puts the list of settings on the left side of the screen. Then you download the file from the Pro into tunerpro, make your changes and then re-upload to the pro. There is a mode that allows your changes to go immediately to the pro, its called 'emulating'. but get the download/upload stuff working first.

so to begin, get the xdf loaded, then download the bin from the pro and save a copy in the laptop (just in case)

B

For some reason I always thought that "vehicle 0" xdf's were the one's to use.
I'm using TPro522 vehicle 0 test 7.xdf for example.

I only have the XDF for vehicle 2. Can you direct me to where I can find the vehicle 0 file if you can't provide the file directly? I tried re downloading the zip file you provided when I first started this thread and only see the vehicle 2.

you can use the vehicle 2 for now, the only thing different is the spark advance display.

I'll dig up the correct file and post it.

Bob