Trying to locate the "dummy" temp light wire.

robertf

So heres my problem. I need to find the temp wire that controls the dummy light. Apparently there was a sensor located on the pass side in front of the intake that was for the temp light. It was replaced before my ownership with a manual temp sender. I need that wire to control my new electric temp gauge. I'll dig into the harness but need to know the specific wire color. Any help is greatly appreciated.

If it's an 86 87 it's green with a yellow strip it's on the drivers side below the fuel pressure regulator

If it's an 86 87 it's green with a yellow strip it's on the drivers side below the fuel pressure regulator

That is for the ecm....the one he is looking for faced forward off the intake next to the thermostat housing. I believe off memory it was a single dark green wire with a male or female spade type connector.

That is for the ecm....the one he is looking for faced forward off the intake next to the thermostat housing. I believe off memory it was a single dark green wire with a male or female spade type connector.
Would that wire be green by chance? If so I believe I found it tucked away.

image.jpg

Found it. Yes it was the green single wire. All is good now. Thanks for the fast responses.