Trying to be a good dad but just had to kill the Mustang

jwillettgn

Time line: October 2000

When we got my son his GN I made it clear that he is not to race on the street. At school all the guy wanted to race him but he was good and did not. He said they were after him all the time to race with one Mustang guy reaally putting the pressure on him to run. Well one night I had to go to the store and my car was blocked in by the GN so I just took it. Well as luck would have it the Mustang guy saw me on the way to the store and started the process of reving up at me, driving beside me and jumping his car, you know the drill. I guess he could not see who was driving the car at the time.
Well after several stop lights of his bull carp I had had enough and the power of the Dark Side was overcoming the Force. At this point one kid was hanging out the window of the Mustang really talking crap. At the next light I wached the other trraffic light turn yellow and started building boost. This sound shut up the kid hanging out of the car, as the body lifted from the power braking the Mustang guys knew the race was on. I heard the Mustang engine spin up and as the light turned green all hell broke loose. The Mustang guy dropped the clutch and started spinning the tires as I drove away from him. (I already knew the limit of the street tires and launched that way.) It was ugly, I killed him really bad as he could not even start to run me down, I shut it down at about 75. I pulled into the parking lot of the store I was going to and the Mustang pulled in behind me. Not sure what was going to happen next I let them get out first so I could see what they were up to. I could hear them talking and saying things like holy s*it and wow so I felt it safe to get out.
When I opened the door and got out they were expecting my son but instead they got me. Right there we made a deal, they would not tell anyone about what had just happened and I would not either. My son came home from school the next day and said that the Mustang guy who had been a real ass to him was really nice to him for some reason and wanted to check out his car instead of all the bull crap smack talk as before. I guess some times Dad just has to step in and lay the smack down.

Note: I still have not told my son about this.

Jim

He's a good kid. I know all the crap talking can be a bother at times. I have a brother 5 years younger. His friends need to call me to run off bully from time to time. An open dump and drag radials tend to get the issues resolved without racing.:cool: Good job busting up that mustang!

1 Cool DAD................

And its really good your son has the determination not to get caught up in the bating. Especially since he knows what he has.

so you get your teenage son a GN for his first car and you REALLY think he never races it? i'm sure he's a good kid and all, but if the dark side got to you after one mustang revving on you, i'm sure he will give in soon if he hasn't already. i don't know of too many teenagers who wouldn't.

He did do really good with it until it spun a rod bearing, new stock valve springs and did not replace the timing set = stopped up pick up = no oil pressure. This was all my fault for not doing it right. He will be 25 next month so I guess there are some good ones out there. LOL

Jim

Bad dad. Good dad. They mean the same thing on this site. Good kill!

My son says he "ain't driving no boring cars to school" and wants to drive the T to school when he gets his license and I tell him "sure son, just as soon as I learn to respect it so I can teach you".

Mikey

Great story...I can only imagine the look on the mustang driver when you got out instead of your son.

Awesome, I love the father son stories. I have two boys of my own. The four year old is a car nut, the older boy couldn't care less.

When in the GN with the 4 year old I get constant nagging from him, burn the tires, launch it etc.... dad beat that car. I try to behave but sometimes he can be pretty convincing.

Good job dad.