Trunk Carpet Install & Question

Victory- What type of backing is on the back side of the carpet that covers the spare tire? Is it the same that is used to cover the back seat area? Someone said they used cardboard in another post, but I would think that would be kind of flimsy. Yours looks a little more substantial. Thanks.

It's a molded hard thin fiberboard piece that came with the kit (it's the top piece in post 3). It's very much like 3/16th thick "Upson" board. Flexible, but much stronger and holds it's shape better than than cardboard.

Check these links:

Niagara Fiberboard Upsonite Products
4' x 8' x 3-16 Upson Board

did you do anything to the trunik lid ? mine rattle big time even though I Dynamat the trunk lid. Now my headliner rattle alot if I dont crack the window about halfway down on both side. I have 2 solo barric 12 Kickers

My trunk used to rattle a ton, you can adjust the latching mechanism so it pulls the lid tighter to the gasket seal of the trunk

did you do anything to the trunik lid ? mine rattle big time even though I Dynamat the trunk lid. Now my headliner rattle alot if I dont crack the window about halfway down on both side. I have 2 solo barric 12 Kickers

I had some trunk lid rattles here are a few things to check:

1. First, make sure it's the trunk lid rattling and not the license plate. I put foam weather stripping under my plate and between the plate and the frame to eliminate it from rattling

2. Make sure the rubber seal around the trunk edge is soft but stiff. Mine needed to be changed out

3. Adjust the rubber trunk bump stops higher for a tighter fit with the trunk lid closed

4. Make sure your rear wing is on tight. Mine had a couple of slightly rusted holes and that caused it to rattle around. I put some grease around the holes and it solved the problem.

5. Make sure everything on the jack is installed tight.

I did all of these and among them 2 & 3 made the biggest difference.

The jute padding (along with the Dynamat) helped a lot too. I did not have to Dynamat the inside of my lid. The only thing that rattles a bit now sounds like the gas tank against the underside of car. One day (when I'm really really bored) I'll drop it and put some Dynamat or Jute padding between the two.

What about inside the car ? my headliner is new and the dome light seem to rattle alot ,I have to put my hand by the dome light to stop it from rattling when the bass hit and it hit really hard in my car.