Trunk alignment gaps

subtlt

A little faster every day
I'm trying to get the trunk to line up better on my GN. I've seen quite a few others that suffer from the same problem, but I'm not sure why?

The gap on the passenger side edge along the quarter is almost 3/8", while it's only 1/8" on the driver's side. The snag is that along the top near the back window, it's 1/4" on the driver's side and about 3/8" on the pass side. The pass side also sticks out 1/8" rearward at the spoiler quarter tips

I looked at the "U" shaped hinge, and it's moved right up to the front, so there's no adjustment there. It's almost as if the "U" is too wide? If I tightened it up (how?) I think it would draw everything into alignment.

Can I somehow tweak the hinge to fix it, or am I approaching this the wrong way?

good luck

My car has the same problem, I messed wiht it for a while and had no succes with it. I talked to my Auto Body teacher when I had my car in there and he said when he worked in the shop they had the same problem, those plastic pieces above the tail lights on the quarters give us most our problems, my deck lid is lined up every else except those damn pieces, just mess with it, I got mine pretty close.

I know this is an old thread but does anyone else have any input on this? Im having the same problem but Im thinking bout taking it to a body shop to have them look at it.