Troubles changing Extender Pro Chip Defaults

BMF_Racing

ONE B.M.F.
Ok, being very new to chips in general, I have not had much experience with them. I have had issues with the car stalling after the smaller TQ conv was installed (after burnouts or Spoolup on trans-brake) and was trying to change the DFCO setting to help, but I ran into another problem. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/251521-help-car-dies-when-breaks-applied.html

When I had read the user guide to the Extender Pro, I can get the INT reading to move and change with the shifter, A/C movement and the BLM moves with the throttle, but the Parking lights will not change the INT reading, so nothing below perimeter 12 can be adjusted. The ecu thinks the parking lights are off, no matter what you do.

Has anyone had this issue where the ecu does not sense the parking lights coming on? The lights them selves come on and the radio dims down, but the ecu never sees that they are on.

Help!!:confused:

thanks,

Brad

There's a jumper wire usually included with the Extenders to tap into a wire under the radio pod for dash lights and feed that to an empty pin on the ECM connector. Have you done that?

I do not beleive this has been done, rookie mistake / overlook. I'll check this out tonight. I will let you guys know.

thanks,

Brad

If you don't have the wire hooked up, you can do the same thing by unplugging the calpak chip (little chip in the ECM). Unplugging that chip serves the same purpose as the parking light thing. Plug it back in when you're done.

Regards,
Eric

what about if you do not have functioning AC...thought I saw something about spliceing the the high or low pressure switch wires together

what about if you do not have functioning AC...thought I saw something about spliceing the the high or low pressure switch wires together

Before I got my system recharged, I just made up a short jumper wire with a spade connector on each end, and those two ends plugged into the connector plugged into the pressure switch. I only plugged the jumper in while doing chip changes.

Before I got my system recharged, I just made up a short jumper wire with a spade connector on each end, and those two ends plugged into the connector plugged into the pressure switch. I only plugged the jumper in while doing chip changes.

Dave I think you are stalking me...lol....just wanted to make sure ;)

Ok,

I did not have the jumper installed, and didnt have one handy, so I pulled the Calpak and sure enough it worked great and I was able to change perimeter 9 to a value of 11 (8 + 3). (DFCO & 60 mph TC Cruise L/U)

I ran the car around town for 10 or so miles and TC is now locking at 60 MPH (to get rid of some shuttering around 50 mph when tc was locking) Also the car did not stall even one time, even at a higher temp then I wanted it to be at (185 on a hot day). It acts like it is fixed but I guess the true test is going to be at the track.

On a different note, what RPM does everyone set their idle at when the car is warmed up in park and in gear?

--- The car seems to idle in the low 900's in park but when coasting and slowing down it will dip down to the low 700's and then raise again to 800 to 830 rpm in gear.

Thanks again for everyones help and advice,

Brad