Trouble with wind noise from passenger's side

Gerald

this is my little problem. I had installed new weather strpies along the doors. I still get alot of wind on the passengers side. What the hell can I do to get rid of that wind coming in?
Gerald

I believe the doors are the same as on my Cutlass, where as you can pop the inner door panel and there is a window stop bracket you can raise to let the window go a bit higher when it closes.

There are several adjustments of the window. Pick up a copy of the adjustment guide (Kirban has them) I've used the book several times myself (it always comes in handy).

The adjustment process is a real PITA so be ready to take your time. I recommend having some beer available...;)

I think in the book they recommend to take a dollar bill and place it between the window and the rubber seal (window in the up position) and move the bill to feel the the area that is not making contact with the seal. Then you can use the window adjustments to improve the sealing. I have also placed a piece of weather stripping behind the rubber seal to move it closer to the the window in the problem area.
Jeff

Wow... I am having the same problem...

Wow, I can't believe it. I just had new window rubbers and door seals placed on my 87 GN. Then the body shop that installed the parts including the window rattle elimination kit told me to leave the windows up and the doors shut so that they could seat. About a month in a half later I decide to take the car out... it was so dusty that I took it to the car wash... need I say more. I was so pissed. Driving back home I realized that there is the same wind blowing in from the passengers side. My drivers side window wont roll up and go behind the
clip that holds the window in , so that the wind does not pull the window out while on the freeway. I need help guys... what do I do. I am going to check out
kirbans site and get the book. Is it all in the adjustments or do I need to get new window motors ? ... Helpppp !!!

Get the book! And maybe an extra set of hands. Also, have some wd-40 or white lithium grease (some sort of spray lube) available so that the adjustments will go smoothly.

As I stated before, it's a royal pain so be prepared to take some time to get it right.

I replaced the seals on the drivers side. Thought I had it adjusted perfectly...no wind on freeway and door closed perfect. Than a month later my damn window starts closing over the tab thats supposed to push the window in, and its been doing it ever since. I have to roll the window down and than close the door and roll the window up again so it doesnt close over the tab. Air also now leaks in from the back of the window. I dont know wtf happened in that months time, but I am now dreading taking it all apart again to adjust it.