Trouble with idle...

T Rubble

Well after installing a new IAC I have been having some trouble with my idle. I followed the procedures found on gnttype.org and got the idle set in the correct range with the tps in range as well. Now, the problem is that it goes back to idling too low everytime you turn the car off and restart it. What did I do wrong?

Don't need to mess with the screw or TPS to replace IAC. All you should have to do is push the "pintle" in all the way and that's it. But if you went and moved teh screw and everything around I hope someone chimes in cause I went and royally fd my screw way off trying to get it to idle when it was first running cause I didn't know what was wrong with it. Mine starts and dies when cold unless I hit the gas and idle low when cold and will die for no reason just whenever. Pretty sure we both need to do the old idle screw/IAC dance. I think VORTEXBUICK.com or something like that has a really good indepth write up about doing it so you can get it dead on.

What brand of IAC did you buy? I just set mine with a new AC Delco one without any issues. I did had to mess with the screw and TPS because I changed out my TB and Plenum.

Pretty easy to do, the key thing is everytime you make an adjustment to the screw, turn off the car (key off). Then start the car and a take a 5 minute drive so the ECM can relearn the values. Then come back and check it again at idle with car running. Keep repeating until your IAC and TPS are where you want them to be.

Dannyo