Trouble shooting help

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Picked up a 87 ,I'm a hot air guy,so need a few suggestions ,first off its a 85 ttop,t type.Ic moter,it was a mess had to put loom in it,buy some misc items,but after a few days I fired it up,took the SM out of my 85 and hooked it up,checked all fluids,vac hoses ,new fuel pump,set cam senser,let her run for around 30 to 40 min,fans kicked on at 167 kicked back off as should,SM readings were excellent,except o2 ,it had a 4 wire in it and I didn't have the convert harness .so no senser hooked up.But she idled great sounded great. Chip is 5.6 tt ta.49 ,turbo and 42lb injecters......Soooooo I bring it off the jack stands to test drive.Fire it right back up,sounds like its on 3 cylinders,running pig freaking rich now,and will NOT get out of garage above idle? And better yet my SM shuts off....and the fan stays on now?.........WTF happen...and were do I start..also I tried doing the ald scan and it shows all is good,without the o2 hooked up.lol

Sounds like it went into back-up mode(cripple). So as not to be introducing a problem, purchase the adapter for the o2 from casper's. In the meantime you can reset the ecm and see if it starts w/o problem again. Possibilities are corrupted chip, maf, or module seeing it is intermittent.

Update,went out last night did couple checks,and main thing was my puter crapped out...just like that:confused:...and the runnning rough is number 4 injecter sticking,with a few outher problems I need to track down.changed out the ecm from my 85 and she fired up and sm worked fine......1 of these cars was a headache,now I got 3....what in the hell am I thinking...:eek:

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

One more update..this morning I go out run new wire for o2 ...32 pin connecter to ecm d7 pin.no o2 still,I change my maf and no diffrence,so I unhook the maf completly.....idles excellent ,revs up great not running rich as it was,un freaking beleivable,I have no idea what the hell is going on now.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app