trick shift/ type F trans fluid

turbo nasty

Turbo Dojo / MNTR
Gnttype says to run type F for better shifts. I have heard mixed stories on this. Heard that the B&M trick shift is just Type F anyway. And also heard it is bad for the tranny.. Any one know???:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Lose the Type-F in your T-Type/GN's

When I bought my GN, it's 2004R had less than 500 miles on a rebuild and was filled with F. The T.V. cable was tighter than a nun's fun-box too, but that's another story.
When the TCC solenoid quit and I replaced it with one for a 700R4, I took the board tranny gurus' advice and went back to Dextron III.
Surprise! The shifts feel fine and probably runs cooler too.

I use Type-F in my early TH-350/SBC and it seems to have a crisper shift. Lenco planetary transmissions are designed for Trick Shift or plain old Type-F too.

So although F is fine in 70's era units, do yourself a favor and stick with Dex or Bruce's (WE4) snake oil hydraulic fluid.

HTH Jim

Snake oil?
Just for info....I have not sold one quart.(Mail order, we use it in everything) I just reccommended as did Lonnie. I did not intend to mislead anyone as this stuff is great stuff. As for this trick shift..... they (B&M), just turned it into a synthetic. I personally have no use for it but they all have a fluid out there. Hurst has hot shift (Close) B&M has trick shift TCI has? . They are all ok I suppose but you still cant go wrong with any name brand petroleum based or synthetic based quality ATF. As for the type "F" myth, guess nobody reads prior posts.Well it is just that , ..... a Myth.......

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com