trany ?

paint it black

hows every one? i just got a new gt6776bb turbo and plan on doing 10s. can any one tell me what some of you guys did with your tranys to handle the extra power.
on a defrent note, has any one heard of the new fast and furios movie coming out next sumer? they put a gn in it.

Contact Brian Hofer on the boards and tell him what you want to run horsepower wise. He will fix you up.

thank you. you have almost the same set up i whant to run. how does your car run? do you have any videos?

Going to the track in October. Runs well. I can light up the street tires at 65-70 mph and leave black marks. Dont have track times yet with new converter.

hows every one? i just got a new gt6776bb turbo and plan on doing 10s. can any one tell me what some of you guys did with your tranys to handle the extra power.
on a defrent note, has any one heard of the new fast and furios movie coming out next sumer? they put a gn in it.

Most people opt for some of the billet pieces for their tranny.... I'm doing the billet input shaft.... and billet shafted forward drum..... planning on being in the 10's with a lockup converter.....

Oh..... seems the lockup... if intended to lockup at WOT (usually with a multi-disk converter like the vigilante) is harder on tranny parts... so you can get away with less billet parts for a given ET if you choose to go non-lockup.....

so the best thing probubly is to just buy a new one that was built well w/ billet parts and just have the stocker for later years

It is hard to go wrong with a built tranny from a reputable builder.... Bruce with PTS..... is in Cali... Brian Hoffer here on the board..... Russ Merrit at Merrit Performance.... These guys know all the tricks to do to these trannys to make them live behind stout turbo cars. Overdrive and 10 second ET's used to never be talked about in the same sentence.... but occasionally.... you hear people running 9's with one of the weak kneed vulnerable 2004R's. I hope to be one of those 10 sec guys running a 200....

Len Freeman in Las Vegas is another good builder...that's where I'll be going come tranny time.

Most of the southern Cali guys make an appt with him, drive over to Vegas in the AM, and drive back home all fixed up in the PM.

He'll also pick up a car and have it towed to his shop, etc.

Buick GN in a Ricer movie...BAD JUJU! and if u really listen to it...it AINT a GN! prolly just a regular regal with all the cosmetics...think i heard a thread mention they even got THOSE wrong! Props to them for paying homage to the sinister Black Buick!:D

ya i dont think that it is a real one, and it really does not sound like one nether. go can watch a trailer if you go to universal studios.com and go to up coming movies

Just don't do what I did and hope your trans holds up after the mods on the engine. Gambled and LOST!!!

As far as The Sluggish and Annoying 4 "movie", I believe that every stickered, winged, angry bumble-bee sounding, areo-packaged TWIT will be gunning for us. End result in 99% of encounters will be like a VW Thing and a 9mm going up against an M1 Abrams.