Transmission Valve Body Upgrade

Indian Outlaw

I've got a rebuilt 2004R with a shift kit (TCI Pro Super Transmission Overhaul Kit part # 386800 from Summit Racing) on my 87 GN. My tranny guy wants to install a TCI Constant Pressure Valve Body part # 386020 to it. I'm also running a PTC 2800 Stall lock up. Inputs on anybody's thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Imop just run what you have till it needs rebuilt. Then look up one of our vendors that knows how to build one the correct way and do that

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I've got a rebuilt 2004R with a shift kit (TCI Pro Super Transmission Overhaul Kit part # 386800 from Summit Racing) on my 87 GN. My tranny guy wants to install a TCI Constant Pressure Valve Body part # 386020 to it. I'm also running a PTC 2800 Stall lock up. Inputs on anybody's thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
The light throttle shift will be very rough. You'll hate your car. Don't do it.

Why do you want to run constant pressure? What is your engine build? Is this a race car or a street car?

Why do you want to run constant pressure? What is your engine build? Is this a race car or a street car?
My tranny guy says i need to. Don't know why except more constant pressure. I've talk to a few guys i know that runs a 2004R and they said they have never heard of such thing so i was wanting confirmation. Which to looking at the comments i got it. lol. I'm running the V6 bored .30 over have a roller cam and heads from Champion. 60lbs injectors, TA49 Turbo, stretched intercooler, 3" downpipe, alky kit, etc. It's a street car

Get a shift kit from Dave husek and you'll have pressure rise fast enough to render the constant pressure mod obsolete. If you really want constant pressure (and you don't), the info is on this board how to do the mod yourself without paying for a different valvebody and losing your BR shift characteristics.

While you're on the phone with Dave you might as well get the rest of the trans parts from him as well. Especially the directs and the band. And a billet drum, billet band anchor, billet apply ring...lol the list goes on. Don't know who your builder is but make damn sure he knows what he's doing or at least willing to listen to someone who does (Dave is a good choice).

As above, if this is a street car I doubt you want any part of a constant pressure vb. If this builder of yours is legit, ask to take a spin in one or more of these constant pressure setups he has put together. When set up correctly the tv and pressures work fine for a street strip car. Plenty of eleven sec cars running that way.

Probably need to see about a different trans guy .