Transmission Speedo Leak - Different than my GN

Justa6MB

Working on the father son project yesterday. The trans is leaking and I thought it is coming from the speedo cable drive. So I thought we could just pull the cable off, pop out the bolt and pull the speedo gear bullet out and change the o-rings. However after cleaning off 35 years of crud I found out the tail is different than on my 87 GN. I removed the retainer bolt and "C" type bracket. But before pulling, twisting and prying I thought I'd ask. How does it come off, are they prone to leaking, and what's the preferred method. It also looked like it could be leaking out of the shifter shaft :(

Here is a picture of what I'm talking about. I removed the bolt and c lock, but was unable to pull it out.
IMG_2401.JPG

Well it certainly isn't the same as my 200R4's? I'm not a total moron lol... Need I post a picture of my GN speedo drive? I pulled on it with the channel locks and it wouldn't budge. How is it removed and what's inside for seals?

That speedo drive is on a TH350 trans, It has an o ring around the perimeter. For removal just twist and pull on it, repeat.