Transmission Questions

83PurpleT

i was wondering if anyone has done or heard of someone swapping out the 200-r4 in their turbo regal for a 5 or 6 speed of some sort. I own a '83 T-type, would it be any differant than with a fuel injected regal? would the 5spd from a mid 90's 3.8 camaro bolt up?

any information is appreciated, the more the better, if anyone could give me a link or pictures it would be greatly appreciated becuase i've been thinking alot about this retrofit but really have'nt been able to find info on it.
thanks,
Phil

You're probably going to have to go with a TKO 5speed and get youself a flywheel for a 78 or 9 even fire 3.8 for lets say a Skyhawk. Find a G body specific universal pattern bellhousing(the pivot ball is dropped down further for the clutch linkage "Z" bar. Or you could just use a hydraulic setup. The aftermarket would probably be easier to get a bellhousing. If you do plan on doing this, give me a PM because I do have a set of clutch pedals and the z bar for a Gbody in my garage;) 30 bucks plus shipping is all I'd want for them. I sold my 78 Lemans so I don't have a car to use'em on anymore.

I'm running a hydraulic setup with my 3.8. The tranny came from a Firebird/Camaro setup T-5.

Here's a little pic of the cab. Just finished putting in a short throw shifter.

DSCF0247hurst.jpg

DSC01938.jpg