Transmission or TC noise

williamsGN

'Horse sneeze' addict
No luck in the transmission section, so I'll give it a try here.

I recently started getting this noise on first start up of the car. First noise is when I shift from P to R, then the second is when I shift from N to D. Doesn't make any noise after driving even a short distance and makes no noise on the road. Fluid is full and clean/unburned.
The trans is a 200, rebuilt about 1700 mi ago, the TC is an AC 9.5 2800 LU, rebuilt about 3500 miles ago.
Awhile back the LU stopped working and it is an internal problem since the solenoid was tested and replaced and the ECM is sending the LU signal. There is a definite delay going into gear while the noise is happening, after the car is warm, it shifts into gear right away without noise. Thanks

This needs to go back to the trans section. Veeeery unusual sound. Maybe something the ezperts are familiar with. If the noise goes away after the trans warms up, I'd say it is the trans. Is there a possability that the starter gear may be hanging up?

Well after its started, only when switching gears, so I don't think its the starter. Its been in the trans section for days, no answer there.

try power braking and see if it happens. shot in the dark, but maybe the converter bolts or inspection cover bolts loose.
A

Thanks.. no inspection cover, will check TC bolts, but I'm doubtful since it goes away as soon as I drive it even a few feet.