Transmission Jack

Westriver87

I am looking to get a 2 stage transmission jack to use with my lift. I am looking for something around $500 middle of the line. For those who use them often, what do you have and is it holding up? Thanks

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1389592861.078641.jpg

This is the one I got. I just use it as a flat table though, took all the junk off. I remember paying about 500 for it. It works well
Astro pneumatic 500H

I have the 1,000 lb air/hyd one from Greg Smith. I think the price is around $369. Have no issues with it. I strongly recommend getting the air assist one otherwise you'll be pumping forever.

I too took the brackets off the top. I made a wood tray that the trans pan fits in. With trans lying on top of the flat surface, it could slide off when putting the converter in.

HTTMJ3-2.jpg

http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/1-000-LB-Capacity-2-Stage-Air-Hyd-Transmission-Jack

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have the 1,000 lb air/hyd one from Greg Smith. I think the price is around $369. Have no issues with it. I strongly recommend getting the air assist one otherwise you'll be pumping forever.

I too took the brackets off the top. I made a wood tray that the trans pan fits in. With trans lying on top of the flat surface, it could slide off when putting the converter in.

HTTMJ3-2.jpg

http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/1-000-LB-Capacity-2-Stage-Air-Hyd-Transmission-Jack

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
Same brand but the manual version here. It does take a while to pump up the tray by the pedal.

I ended up getting a Bendpak/Ranger RTJ-1 1 ton 2 stage from summit. It ended up being 550 with free shipping. Really the only thing that sold me on it was the fact that bendpak sells replacement parts for it. I don't really like buying things you can't get parts for. I called a few other places that sold some of the cheaper jacks and they couldn't give me a line on parts or service.