transmission guru question...

drive805

a little info first......my first 200r4(BRF) was not shifting correctly . I had bowtie overdrives rebuild it they said the case was trashed and put together a universal case 200r4 with billet servo, 10 vane pump, extra clutches etc. it worked for a short time. Then it started having issues so i sent it to len freeman for a check and freshen up. he said clutches were bad and fixed it also suggested i get a vigilante converter and the lock up switch should be changed .. it was ok but it went right into lockup when shifting into 4th. Now its leaking and flaring 1-2 shift.... so my question is..should i look for a BRF code or is the universal 2004r good and just have it checked and maybe freshened.... one last thing the trans only has aprox 3000 miles since len did it 6-7 years ago

so my question is..should i look for a BRF code or is the universal 2004r good and just have it checked and maybe freshened....
Most 200-4R's can be made to work in a performance application. I like the BR-F coded transmissions. That trans needs to be gone thru to find out why it has failed twice. That trans can be updated to a BR code if needed. Give me a call tomorrow afternoon, I would like to find out more info to figure out why it failed...