Transmission dipstick ?

6pack

T-Time
Which side does the dipstick go on when installing.....in front of(closer to the engine)or behind(closer to the firewall)the main harness? Thanks:)

this is what I'm looking for too

Gary,

Did you receive any kind of replies on this? I've got four bellhousing bolts in right now and I'm about to put the dipstick back in the transmissnion, but I realized I don't remember which side of the wire harness the dipstick tube goes!!

I'm in the same boat!

Can anyone tell me??

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Never got any replies:confused: I ended up putting mine behind the harness or closer to the fire wall and it seemed to fit better that way....sorry wish I could of helped more:)

Gary,

That must be right because that's how I ended up running mine last night.

Hey,
what about grounds? When I pulled the transmission I thought there was a ground loop terminal on both of those top bellhousing bolts. However, I seemed to have misplaced the one on the passenger side???:confused: :confused: But that was weeks ago and I'm not sure I'm remembering correctly. The braided ground strap on the driver's side is right where I remember leaving it, but I can't find one on the pass. side. Do you remember having both?

And for what it's worth, my car is an '87.

thanks,
Rob