translator pro update

hottrawd

I'm looking at getting a translator pro that was originally bought in 2007, and the version is 4.4 I think I was told. Im guessing as far as hardware there is no difference in it compared to the newer ones, so I should be able to update it to the latest version of software, and us it to control boost still also. Am I correct?

Also, where can I find the boost controller solenoid and plug and play harnesses for it? I only saw the boost harness on full-throttle.

Ok thanks! I see the boost solenoid, but what about the ecm plug and play harness adapter? Also Im still trying to verify that this older version 4.4x can be updated to the 5.27. Guess what im worried about is what happened on the older scanmasters not being able to upgrade, is that an issue with the older translator pro also?

No problem with updating the Pro. It's all done with software. Just obtaining the required files like the 527 S19 file, along with the proper XDF file and ADX file. And of course the TPCU file that actually does the updating of the new S19 file. Are you using Tuner Pro software in the laptop, or just making changes via the Pro's keypad?

The plug and play harness you're looking for is a Caspers Electronics item. I don't know if Fullthrottle carries them or not.

I'm thinking of using tuner pro if it can act as a datalogger also. I haven't looked into that yet.

I'm thinking of using tuner pro if it can act as a datalogger also. I haven't looked into that yet.

Yes, Tuner Pro can data log, although not as extensively at Powerlogger. Tuner pro will only data log what it sees, and that is what Translator Pro sees/is hooked to.
But the beauty of TunerPro is being able to see/manipulate the Pro's VE table. Also makes tuning changes MUCH easier and quicker than the Translator's key board. Also makes it easy to create, upload, download your various bin files when you start tuning.

So, to make a long story short, I use Powerlogger for data logging, and Tuner Pro for "talking" to the Translator. BTW, I have actually datalogged using both simultaneously a time or two, although I wouldn't recommend that. Too many things to remember/manipulate.