Translator Plus and LT1 MAF Sensor

Twil

Welcome to the DarkSide
I just got my Translator Plus and LT1 MAF Sensor.

Do I need to get the High Mass Air Chip??

It seems to me that this is an optional part - but aids in air above 255grams/sec.

Can anyone explain this? Do I need the chip? What is the benefit? Does this replace the ECM chip or a chip located in the translator plus??

Please help.

Brandon

It replaces the ECM chip.

Right now you can do base fuel, and timing adjustments with the + and your chip.

I think you need the extender chip to do WOT fuel adjusments.

Get the extender chip. I just put one on my car and it is the best it has ever ran and first time I have not seen ANY knock, even on the shift. Running 17 lb boost on stock engine/IC/turbo on 93 octane.

I have a Joe Lubrant chip for Blue top Injectors. Will the Hi Mass Chip be better?? Will it be ok with my blue tops?? What about Fan control and TC Lock Up?

Brandon

It just like every other chip it can be set for whatever inj you have.I run it too and think its great,when you call mike there are all kinds of options you can get on it.

Where can I get the best price and service on the Hi-Mass chip?

Looking to buy today.........

Brandon

While running the translator plus (comes with extender chip?), can a max effort chip still be used?

Originally posted by dpok69
While running the translator plus (comes with extender chip?), can a max effort chip still be used?
Yes it can and works great in my two years exp. useing them:D :D Phil.