Trans whining and flaring after higher stall converter

GNTtypeKid

Whooshhhh..Tuuuuuutuuuuutuutuututu
It's been a couple weeks since I installed a used 2800 to 3k stall converter. Not sure on brand it was and bought locally by a fellow TR owner. The whine I have heard is common with most stall converters, I'm positive that its coming from the tranny because it will only whine when in gear. When I installed the converter I also went ahead and replaced the front and rear seals, and a bad u-joint and a plug kit in the pan. I'm still in the middle of doing some more testing. When I had my original d5 it ran strong in all gears never slipped. What are the symptoms of a slipping or bad converter? Thanks to all on any input.

-Jerry

Was the converter shimmed properly? With the converter pushed all the way into the trans you should have had 1/8 to 3/16" between the converter and flexplate. If there was more than 3/16 you need to add shims. Pulling the converter out of the trans too far can cause a noise. BUT.....if it's only doing it in gear it sounds more like a trans issue since the converter is turning with the motor all the time.