TRANS-SCAT -TCI- 2004R Shift Kit

9SECVSIX

Has anyone had any success with this Kit# TCI 386000 in the Street Plus mode with a N/L convertor? I can't get the 2nd gear band to apply when pressure testing the servo with air, oil blows out of one of the exhaust ports in the bottom of the VB. I haven't removed the VB (waiting to get intouch with the owner) would this oil leak off happen if the band has come unanchored? or is it more likely to be a miss placed check ball? It almost looks like the band has never been applied since the tranny was rebuilt, I can't be sure until it's taken down. Owner complained of a over reving problem, no second gear! I guess that would cause it at a full throttle blast! He had the TV cable severly over tightened trying to eliminate the problem. Would this cause ware or damage to other clutchs if the tranny was over riding second gear? Trying to help a friend!

Thanks
Brent

Greg, Thanks for your reply, am not sure if the foreward clutch is applied when the tranny is in 2nd gear, if it is and the band is no applied wouldn't the forward clutch pack be under considerable load? Am by no means a tranny rebuilder (I only take them apart,lol's) but the car seemed to be shifting under light throttle, it was my thinking that the foreward clutch pack was powering the car ahead then heavy throttle caused these to slip and the engine over rev, am i making any sense? Just trying to find out what to expect upon disassembly and inspection. tranny only has a few hundred mile since rebuild.

Thanks
Brent

Turns out this tranny is roasted, Band, Direct, Foreward and OD. What had me fooled was the oil and the pan were so clean! I think someone is playing games with me and I bet I know who it is. Now I know another tranny builder that can't put a 2004R togeather that will last a week.